Thread: 11.3 kde freezes up all the time, presumably gfx chip related

Angry 11.3 kde freezes up all the time, presumably gfx chip related

my new 11.3 installation appears to be completely unusable for mission critical work

it's running/freezing on a Toshiba a300 laptop, intel 965gm gfx, using the drivers that where installed by 11.3

whenever the unstoppable screen/monitor saver kicks in, it freezes the machine irrecoverably.
    same as: 11.3 kde constant lock ups

the unstoppable screen/monitor saver has been a pain in the neck in 11.2 too, is it possible to COMPLETELY REMOVE any code that will make the gfx go on standby? what a pain when you are watching a movie! disabling everything obvious never worked! wtf?

Default Re: 11.3 kde freezes up all the time, presumably gfx chip related

Hi folks,
    I couldn't edit the original mail.
    This is how it should have read:

Hi, I have been using Suse since 10.3, now with 11.3 I am experiencing some highly unusual BS:

my new 11.3 installation appears to be completely unusable for mission critical work

it's running/freezing on a Toshiba a300 laptop, intel 965gm gfx, using the drivers that where installed by 11.3

whenever the unstoppable screen/monitor saver kicks in, it freezes the machine irrecoverably.
    same as: 11.3 kde constant lock ups

the unstoppable screen/monitor saver has been a pain in the neck in 11.2 too, is it possible to COMPLETELY REMOVE any code that will make the gfx go on standby? what a pain when you are watching a movie! disabling everything obvious never worked! wtf?

the problem occurs when video on either flash on firefox or vlc on its own run in full screen mode

I have the same problem on my Asus EEE PC 1000HE.
    I was thinking it was the EEE-control deamon, but the gfx would make sense too.
    I've got a intel GFX, not sure what model exactly, but it should be pretty standard for the EEE series.

Bad intel drivers...

Same Problem here. Have a Medion MD96290 with Intel GMA. There where no Problems like this with SUSE 11.2 but now the complete machine freezes after a few minutes on full screen. Would be great if anyone can help, otherwise i'm forced to keep all videos in a small window which is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

You should all read this thread:

oS 11.3 freezes randomly on atom/intel 945

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    You should all read this thread:

oS 11.3 freezes randomly on atom/intel 945
    Thanks mate, much appreciated!
    At least they're working on it.
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=615649
    the comment #45 solution supposedly works, but I'll wait for the official fix