Thread: 11.3 (i586) no gateway with Networkmanager

Question 11.3 (i586) no gateway with Networkmanager

I did an upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3 at my Dell D820 laptop. Everything is working fine except that with Networkmanager it no longer sets the default gateway received by DHCP. I do receive an IP-adress (wired/wireless, does not make a difference) but no gateway. I have tested with several networks and this problem stays...

Of course I can do it manual (adding an default gw), but facing different wired/wireless networks its very unhandy.

Anyone an idea what this could be?
    Under Networkmanager -> Manage Connection You can edit a connection. If you do that, under tab 'IP-address' -> Configure: Automatic (DHCP) . Below you can select option 'routes'. In this field nothing is selected (I think that is correct).
    It must be something simple/stupid but what?

KDE: 4.4.4 "release 2
    CPU: T2400 @ 1.83 Ghz
    AMD BE2400-4GB-Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H-OS-11.2

Default Re: 11.3 (i586) no gateway with Networkmanager

This is an update: Today (17 august 2010) I did a new/fresh install at another laptop (dell Latitude C400) and exact the same problem. There is no difference if I select KDE or other GUI. There is definitely something wrong with 11.3 i586 version. I can not believe that I am the only one; DHCP works but there is no (default) gateway. And neither I can believe that because both are Dell laptops (different types and differents NICs /Wcard). With version 11.2 (or earlier) never had this problem.

Anybody a clue?
    AMD BE2400-4GB-Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H-OS-11.2

Carlos E. R. NNTP User

Default Re: 11.3 (i586) no gateway with Networkmanager

On 2010-08-17 00:36, suse be2400 wrote:

> Anybody a clue?

Try update.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))