Firefox update

Greetings. New to Suse. Have been driving Zorin, where all updates can happen at once. Have been trying to update Firefox (3.5.10) to new ver and Yast doesn’t seem to be aware of it.

What am I missing here? Do I need to compile?

My Zorin package(Ubuntu variant) sees each Firefox and everything else update and installs or gives me option…what do i need to do in Suse to get up to ver 3.6.8, and why isn’t Yast aware?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Ex

Please tell us if you use kde or gnome and post result of

zypper lr -d

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±------------------------------------±----------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±----------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | http-download.opensuse.org-4aedac77 | Updates for openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2 |
2 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:/// |
3 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.2-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
4 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
5 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
6 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.2-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |

Thanks for such speedy reply!!!

Hmmm…my output certainly looks different than you example

Did cut-n-paste of your zypper lr -d

does my output show you what you need?

Believe this is K desktop…its much different than what I/m used to.

Become su - in a terminal and do this:

zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.2/ mozilla

then

zypper ref

accept key
then

zypper dup -r mozilla

and you are done

Understand now…was simple repository issue. Selected always include.

Is there a "list " of such repositorys for yast that I can peruse?

Firefox showing current ver now

Be careful.
DO NOT add too many
Follow this guide for multi-media
Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

In yast - software repositories
Go to community option…

If you install software outside of Yast/zypper/rpm then Yast/zypper/rpm knows nothing about it.

Thank you so much …this tid of info will make my start info Suse easier.

Am I familiar with the dangers of “other” repositories, but again, appreciate your caution.

Have you driven Zorin btw?

Have you driven Zorin btw?
I have no idea what it is.
Google says: is an Ubuntu Linux based operating system aimed for Windows users
I don’t use winders…

go to yast > Software > Software repositories.

Click on add then community and you will be given a list of community repos - including the useful packman repo.