Thread: Second language for OpenOffice only

Default Second language for OpenOffice only

Hi,

Is there a way to have second language for OpenOffice, only? I am working on SUSE 11.3 and English (US) at the present.

Regards,

rsp2

Default Re: Second language for OpenOffice only

Easy for setup second language.

Go to Control Panel > Language

The system will be install second language all Applications.
    Regards,
    SuSEThailand.com is a SUSE Linux user and community found in Thailand.

You can either have a second language for individual documents: in Tools>Options>Language>Languages change the default language and then check For the current document only - or within documents. In this case, when you get to the first word in the second language, go to Format>Character>Language and select the second language. You will find that the button at the bottom of the screen shows the second language. You can change between the two languages simply by clicking on this button.

If the two languages need different character sets, then in KDE you also need to go to System settings>Regional and language>Keyboard layout and add the second layout. A flag will appear in the system tray and you can swap between the two layouts by clicking on this flag.

Thanks a lot John. I have Gnome. How do I set the keyboard for different charachter set in Gnome?

Regards,

rsp2

Sorry I cannot help there and a quick search of the forums doesn't reveal as easy a solution as in KDE. Perhaps some Gnome users can help.