Thread: gcompris no sound

Default gcompris no sound

Hi all,

I installed the educational software gcompris and gcompris-en from the Education Repository for opensuse 11.3 x86-64 but when I run the app I get no sound. When I go to settings and click to enable sound, nothing happens. Sounds works fine for other apps.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks much!
    Nick

Default Re: gcompris no sound

Hi,
    Just in case anyone runs into the same issue, I got this to work by deleting gcompris and then installing the 64bit version of gcompris from the opensuse factory repository.
    Thanks,
    Nick
    opensuse 12.1 x86-64 kde

I had this problem a while back, and If I remember right the version from the "Education" repo doesn't install a sound plugin by default. You need to go back to Yast and select the "English" package in order for it to work.

It sounds like the factory one does this automatically, but if you wanted to run the Education version you could give this a try.

I did try installing the English package from the Education repo; this is the gcompris-en package but that did not work in getting the sound to come up. But installing the 64bit gcompris package from factory works with sound.
    -Nick
    opensuse 12.1 x86-64 kde