Nautilus doesnt show preview images

When opening nautilus there are no image previews.
Only if i watch the image with eye of gnome and than klick the
reload button, the pictures are shown. is this a bug or feature?

how can i switch this back to the default where image previews are
shown when i open a folder without viewing it with eye of gnome?

What settings do you have here:
http://thumbnails24.imagebam.com/8940/b7201f89398173.jpg](http://www.imagebam.com/image/b7201f89398173)

this settings^^

If you temporarily create a new user account, what happens there?

hi,

so darrix told me in irc that i should look in .xsessions-error. i did that and i find this lines:

(gnome-web-photo:6598): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GtkMozEmbed'

** (gnome-web-photo:6598): CRITICAL **: void gtk_moz_embed_load_url(GtkMozEmbed*, const char*): assertion `GTK_IS_MOZ_EMBED(embed)' failed
Load timed out; consider using --force or increasing the timeout (use 0 for no timeout)

(gnome-web-photo:6598): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GtkMozEmbed'

** (gnome-web-photo:6598): CRITICAL **: void gtk_moz_embed_load_url(GtkMozEmbed*, const char*): assertion `GTK_IS_MOZ_EMBED(embed)' failed
Firefox.PlacesItemSource "Firefox Places" encountered an error in UpdateItems: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader.GetString (Int32 i) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Firefox.PlacesItemSource+<LoadPlaceItems>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[PlaceItem] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in &lt;filename unknown&gt;:0 
  at Firefox.PlacesItemSource.UpdateItems () [0x00000] in &lt;filename unknown&gt;:0 
  at Do.Universe.Safe.SafeItemSource.UpdateItems () [0x00000] in &lt;filename unknown&gt;:0 .

(nautilus:2665): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_format_get_name: assertion `format != NULL' failed

so it looked it is a problem with the gnome-web-photo package. i will consider to rebuild this package from source and than telling you if this error still occurs.

i am using the opensuse 11.3 with nvidia proprietary driver since this costs a lot less cpu-ussage than using the nouveau-driver.

has anybody else this problem so i will file a bug report.

The next thigk i find out, is that i switched back to firefox 3.6.x (i was testing ff 4.0) for all other formats but png the preview works. if nautilus tries to generate the previews for png, it fails and after that all other stuff doesn’t work anymore until the next login.