Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Synaptic Touchpad in 11.3 - strange behaviour with dragging and middle click

Exclamation Synaptic Touchpad in 11.3 - strange behaviour with dragging and middle click

One strange and little annoying issue I notice with my openSUSE 11.3 installation is my Synaptic touchpad behaves way too strange....

Dragging a window or icon - half way around - a click is generated (probably a middle click I guess) and I need to re-drag it again....
    In the browser when I try to select a text - again by dragging - a middle click gets generated...
    The same happens when I use gvim in visual mode too - I end up pasting the code I had selected halfway because of the middle click....

Middle click can be generated only if I press both left and right click buttons - which I'm pretty sure I'm not....

I tried playing around with the touchpad settings but no good.... I'm not able to find anything related to the middle click on the settings application...
    My touchpad works fine in Ubuntu and was in 11.2 as well.... Yes it works fine in Xp too....
    Any idea where the config file for touchpad gets stored ? Any other pointers for this issue would be helpful too...

I'm getting the same behaviour with both gnome and kde.....

Thanks

Default Re: Synaptic Touchpad in 11.3 - strange behaviour with dragging and middle click

Basically, all the extended options that were available under 11.2 are not installed in 11.3; am investigating.

Default Re: Synaptic Touchpad in 11.3 - strange behaviour with dragging and middle click

Go to YaST>Software management; enter 'synaptic' and you will get a choice of the Gnome and KDE touchpad configuration programs. Install one and use it to configure your touchpad.

I did install the synaptic tool - but it gives very much the same settings present in the Touchpad configuration given under mouse options of KDE.... I tried fiddling around there - but still same issue.... Is anyone else facing similar issue ?

I'd like to investigate more on this issue - could someone tell me if there is anyway way I can log all the click events - to see what exactly is going on ?

There are two touchpad applications in KDE; have you looked at kcm-touchpad which certainly has middle button configuration for the touchpad or for any of the four corners?

Yes - that is what I meant by installing the synaptic tool.... With the original installation I already had the Touchpad options installed, and yesterday I installed kcm-touchpad.... Both of them seem to provide almost the same configuration options though....

The strange thing is even if after disabling click on tap, middle button events get generated while dragging..... I'm sure there is some something wrong going on with the driver....

Perhaps a bug report is in order. (I don't have mine set up for middle button events but I don't have any experience of the behaviour you are describing).

I installed 11.2 on a spare partition on my hard drive and then ran synclient -l to find out the synaptic touchpad related settings... I compared the output with the one on 11.3 and noticed this setting was wrong:
    Code:
    ClickFinger3=2
    Setting it to
    Code:
    ClickFinger3=1
    did the trick

On a side-note while installing 11.2 I messed up the boot loader settings... GRUB4DOS again came for my rescue Can't believe openSUSE does not provide all the boot loader settings in one page - there are 3 or 4 screens I need to check and change to make sure everything is correct.....

Hi.
    I have the same problem. Drives me up the wall. Pastes stuff all over the place, closes tabs, inserts on a single button click, tries to open new web pages.

What was the file that you edited.

Think I figured it;

synclient ClickFinger3=1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast