Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE plasma-desktop crash when start desktop after upgrade to 11.3

Default Re: KDE plasma-desktop crash when start desktop after upgrade to 11.3

KDE crashes for me as well. Deleting the files plasma-desktop-appletsrc, plasmarc, and plasma-desktoprc doesn't help.
    If I add applets etc. to a panel, it crashes shortly after login (and returns to the login screen). If I use firefox, it crashes, If I use konqueror, it crashes later (i.e., I can browse for a while).
    KDE does not crash when I log in as a different user (an account without any customizations only used to connect to a couple of web pages). Other window managers, such as fvwm, work also fine.
    I'm more than willing to trade all the bells and whistles (applets, panels, etc.) for stability and robustness...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suzette37 View Post
    KDE crashes for me as well. Deleting the files plasma-desktop-appletsrc, plasmarc, and plasma-desktoprc doesn't help.
    If I add applets etc. to a panel, it crashes shortly after login (and returns to the login screen). If I use firefox, it crashes, If I use konqueror, it crashes later (i.e., I can browse for a while).
    KDE does not crash when I log in as a different user (an account without any customizations only used to connect to a couple of web pages). Other window managers, such as fvwm, work also fine.
    I'm more than willing to trade all the bells and whistles (applets, panels, etc.) for stability and robustness...
    Then try removing the whole .kde4 folder
    I take it you know how
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Then try removing the whole .kde4 folder
    I take it you know how
    Did that yesterday, but KDE/plasma continues to crash (only a bit later 8-(
    I can work for a while, but as soon as I click into the panel to maximize an iconified window or type Alt-Tab to switch to another window, KDE crashes immediately.

Blog Entries

Let us see your repo list

zypper lr -d
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Let us see your repo list

zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    --+-------------------------+-------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | Packman Repository | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 90 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.3/ |
    2 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | No | 130 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 |
    3 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 120 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
    4 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Oss | Yes | Yes | 120 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    5 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | No | Yes | 140 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    6 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.3-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.3 |

Blog Entries

When you tried a new .kde4, did you do it outside X

What graphics device do you have?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

When you tried a new .kde4, did you do it outside X
    .kde4 was removed in an xterm that ran within FVWM. Can try it again when no X for that user is active.

What graphics device do you have?
    ATI Radeon X1300/X1550

Blog Entries

Try it again from a console login

mv .kde4 .kde4-old

If that doesn't help
    Disable repo 2 (cd/dvd)
    Set all the others to 99 priority, but leave packman as it is.
    Then do zypper dup
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

I am using Gnome/OpenSUSE 11.3.

After upgrading to 11.3 from 11.2 recently whenever i use alt+tab in succession the OS crashes

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    I am using Gnome/OpenSUSE 11.3.

After upgrading to 11.3 from 11.2 recently whenever i use alt+tab in succession the OS crashes

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please start a new thread. This thread is KDE based and nothing to do with your issue.
    That way you will get better support.
    Thanks
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast