Thread: My KDE :D

Default My KDE :D

Took about 2 hours to get juust right

Blog Entries

Smile Re: My KDE :D

Hey that is looking very good essial. Oddly, I have never thought about putting the Trash can on the Task Bar like you have it. I shall give that a try.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: My KDE :D

What is the icon in the tree? I can't make it out.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTA View Post
    What is the icon in the tree? I can't make it out.
    That would be the launcher notification for the snapshot app

Here's my setup:

Wallpaper:
    http://www.wall001.com/1280x1024/128..._106320843.jpg

UI:
    Default Oxygen. "X"s instead of checkmarks for boxes. Tab transition animations (fade). "oxygen_molecule3" color scheme (I BELIEVE I found it in the "Get New Schemes" dialog straight from the prefs folder).

Desktop:
    "Arezzo" Workspace theme. Activity is "Folder View" (showing ~/Desktop of course). Icon size is 4th tick from the left.

Task Bar:
    Height is 48 (pixels I guess). Replaced the normal task buttons with "SmoothTasks" from the SuSE repos (I just did a search on the suse app search page and did the one click install). Created a link to the trash, possibly moved other stuff around..

Fonts:
    I'm lazy so I just took a screenshot:

Icons:
    Icon theme is "H20" downloaded from kde-look.org

Nice theme! I was thinking of a Win7 looking theme with the "volatile" workspace theme, and the "Smooth Tasks" application, I just need to find a good clear window theme (one without the Win7 buttons, I get enough of that already with certain apps under Windows XP). By the way, which listing for smooth tasks did you use the one click install on?
    Dell Dimension E521: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.2GHz, ATI Radeon X1350 Pro, 2 GB DDR2 Memory, 233 GB Hard Drive-133.84GB for Vista/99.16GB for openSUSE 11.3

Tried to install Smooth Tasks. It threatened to uninstall quite a bit of software, and update many others.
    Dell Dimension E521: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.2GHz, ATI Radeon X1350 Pro, 2 GB DDR2 Memory, 233 GB Hard Drive-133.84GB for Vista/99.16GB for openSUSE 11.3