Thread: Annoyances in LXDE

Default Annoyances in LXDE

I'm trying the LXDE desktop in 11.3. It's nice, pretty fast on an old machine. A couple of annoyances, though, clicking the title bar doesn't always resize the window. I usually have to double-click several times.

There doesn't seem to be a way to position icons on the desktop. Dragging doesn't work anyway. Is there another way, or something to set in the configuration?

Default Re: Annoyances in LXDE

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    I'm trying the LXDE desktop in 11.3. It's nice, pretty fast on an old machine. A couple of annoyances, though, clicking the title bar doesn't always resize the window. I usually have to double-click several times
    Fixed. I increased the double-click time in the mouse settings in the OpenBox Configuration manager.

There doesn't seem to be a way to position icons on the desktop. Dragging doesn't work anyway. Is there another way, or something to set in the configuration?
    I still haven't found a way to do this. Does anyone know if it's even possible in LXDE?

Blog Entries

I still haven't found a way to do this. Does anyone know if it's even possible in LXDE?
    My understanding it is not (yet) possible to custom position icons in the desktop - but it is being worked upon. This impacts all LXDE implementations and not just openSUSE's.