Thread: Gnome workspace switcher

Default Gnome workspace switcher

Hi

I've just installed openSUSE 11.2 with GNOME. It's working OK, but I've a problem with the workspace application switcher.

I've set up 5 workspaces and names them. However, when I reboot, it only keeps the name of the first one, resetting the other for to Workspace 2 - 5 respectively.

Can anyone help with this minor niggle? I THINK I'm on GNOME 2.28, but would be happy to check if someone tells me how!
    Alastair Scott

openSUSE LEAP

Default Re: Gnome workspace switcher

Quote Originally Posted by aescott View Post
    Hi

I've just installed openSUSE 11.2 with GNOME. It's working OK, but I've a problem with the workspace application switcher.

I've set up 5 workspaces and names them. However, when I reboot, it only keeps the name of the first one, resetting the other for to Workspace 2 - 5 respectively.

Can anyone help with this minor niggle? I THINK I'm on GNOME 2.28, but would be happy to check if someone tells me how!
    I apologize for this question but are you sure you saved the names to preferences? Seems to work correctly on my install.
    Box 1: OpenSuse 11.1/Win7 | Linux 2.6.27 Gnome | AMD 64 X2 6000+ | nVidia 8600GT | 2GB RAM
    Box 2: OpenSuse 11.2 | Linux 2.6.31 Gnome | AMD 64 3000+ | ATI X800 Pro | 1GB RAM
    Box 3: Win7 Premium Home | Intel P4 3.0Gz | ATI AIW 2006 | 2GB RAM

Default Re: Gnome workspace switcher

Quote Originally Posted by tararpharazon View Post
    I apologize for this question but are you sure you saved the names to preferences? Seems to work correctly on my install.
    Don't apologize - the obvious solution is often the right one. Sadly, not in this case. I tried that.
    Alastair Scott

openSUSE LEAP