Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer while watching video

    The following is my configuration :-
    OS : Opensuse 11.2
    Media Player : gnome-mplayer 0.9.9

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    So I use KDE and not Gnome, but are we saying that when you play a video, the audio and video are not in sync? Further, is this only a problem with mplayer and other video players work OK? Depending on your answer, most often the problem is caused by a video driver issue. What video card or chipset do you have? Are you using the built-in openSUSE video driver or have you loaded any proprietary drivers such as the nVidia or ATI ones? If you can play video with say vlc, but just not mplayer. what version of mplayer are you using? Do you have the packman repository setup in Yast. These are just a few questions I would ask on the subject.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So I use KDE and not Gnome, but are we saying that when you play a video, the audio and video are not in sync? Further, is this only a problem with mplayer and other video players work OK? Depending on your answer, most often the problem is caused by a video driver issue. What video card or chipset do you have? Are you using the built-in openSUSE video driver or have you loaded any proprietary drivers such as the nVidia or ATI ones? If you can play video with say vlc, but just not mplayer. what version of mplayer are you using? Do you have the packman repository setup in Yast. These are just a few questions I would ask on the subject.

    Thank You,

    I would say that all other video files are working ,fine.These videos were encoded poorly without synchronization and hence i want to sync video and audio by adjusting audio delay

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    So you are looking for a Video File Editor that works under Gnome that might allow you to re-sync the audio to match the Video. I am not much of an expert on this subject but the following editor (OpenMovieEditor) was recommended to me as working under openSUSE in the Packman repository. I would give it a look-see.

    PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket OpenMovieEditor

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,574
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer while watching video

    The following is my configuration :-
    OS : Opensuse 11.2
    Media Player : gnome-mplayer 0.9.9
    I do NOT use gmplayer. So I saw this on the internet but I have no idea if it may help: Mplayer video/audio sync fix howto BLogorrhoea
    ... still ... you could play with it and pass on to us anything that you learn.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So you are looking for a Video File Editor that works under Gnome that might allow you to re-sync the audio to match the Video. I am not much of an expert on this subject but the following editor (OpenMovieEditor) was recommended to me as working under openSUSE in the Packman repository. I would give it a look-see.

    PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket OpenMovieEditor

    Thank You,
    Good idea,but i just want to watch the video,it is a real pain to do video conversions and stuff.I thought the player would have in built functions to delay or advance audio with respect to video

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I do NOT use gmplayer. So I saw this on the internet but I have no idea if it may help: Mplayer video/audio sync fix howto BLogorrhoea
    ... still ... you could play with it and pass on to us anything that you learn.
    Thanks for the link.Though the settings description was for an earlier version ,i could find the menu in my newer version.It helped to an extent
    if we player around with the "audio output" list box

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    Thanks for the link.Though the settings description was for an earlier version ,i could find the menu in my newer version.It helped to an extent
    if we player around with the "audio output" list box
    I need something like "Press + or -" to increase/decrease audio lag while playing video file.It is a time consuming process to resync audio and videos through an editor

  9. #9

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    My experience is that the fault lies with the rip. I have seen this happen several times in the past. The frame rate is detected wrong. The bad news, is I don't think there is a way to sync it after the fact. The good news is, that I found you can easily fix this by just doing a rip without "decrypting" it. I was never able to tweak the rip to fix this issue, however just by ripping it unencrypted worked fine. It still plays just fine for me and it is synced. Hopefully that will work for you.

    Later: Just found this. I think this will do what you want:

    http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/en...io-offset.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: How can one adjust/sync audio and video in gnome-mplayer on fly

    Quote Originally Posted by lshantz View Post
    My experience is that the fault lies with the rip. I have seen this happen several times in the past. The frame rate is detected wrong. The bad news, is I don't think there is a way to sync it after the fact. The good news is, that I found you can easily fix this by just doing a rip without "decrypting" it. I was never able to tweak the rip to fix this issue, however just by ripping it unencrypted worked fine. It still plays just fine for me and it is synced. Hopefully that will work for you.

    Later: Just found this. I think this will do what you want:

    re-encode video with audio offset

    re-encoding seems to be a good idea,but re-encoding usually takes up a lot of time :-(
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •