Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: I've Had It With KDE4 ... Finally

Default Re: I've Had It With KDE4 ... Finally

This discussion is still on. wow.

Anyway, KDE is great if you coming from Windows. A lot of things are pretty similar and so not as confusing.
    Altough i am not a friend of the Kicker which confuses me always if i want to find a calculator.

There are differences between a desktop like LXDE or KDE. Slimness is not an aim for KDE. Personally i like the apps written for KDE. There in my opinion much better than those written for Gnome. (My personal opinion)
    Les resource hungry desktops are appealing too. I tried several and most of them are not hard to use either. One just needs a little time to adjust. Its like in your car. If you drive with the wheel on the left and the all of the sudden on the right.
    +++ ATH0

. . . . . . . .
    LOGOFF COMPLETE

Anyway, KDE is great if you coming from Windows. A lot of things are pretty similar and so not as confusing.
    Probably, KDE3, but not KDE4, of course. KDE4 is not similar to Windows in any way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    LXDE would definitely give her trouble, as would probably would win95, and win98.
    There are updates in the works for LXDE, which are intended to provide the capability to drag and drop an icon to anywhere on the LXDE desktop (I believe it is currently undergoing testing).

IMHO that will be a signficant improvement for LXDE. The LXDE desktop is already fairly light weight and fast, and as long as those updates don't negatively slow down the responsiveness/low-memory signature of the LXDE desktop, then IMHO it will make LXDE even more the desktop of choice for openSUSE users with older PCs (with older/slower CPU's and limited memory).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ansus View Post
    Probably, KDE3, but not KDE4, of course. KDE4 is not similar to Windows in any way.
    Funny, some new openSUSE users, coming from Win7, say exactly the opposite.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Funny, some new openSUSE users, coming from Win7, say exactly the opposite.
    Agree, I had my friend try out KDE on openSUSE for the first time (he uses Windows 7/Ubuntu with GNOME dual boot) and he noted that some of the things in KDE 4, particularly the window tiling, was quite similar in Windows 7
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112