Thread: How do I change the vertical refresh on Display and Monitor

Default How do I change the vertical refresh on Display and Monitor

Before installing an Nvidia driver. In KDE, the Display and Monitor shows the correct vertical refresh at 60 Hz. However, after installing the Nvidia driver, the vertical refresh goes down to 50 Hz.

Does anyone know how to increase the refresh back to 60 Hz? I'm searching for the correct commands.

Can I do this with krandr?

Cheers!

Romanator
    My Linux Box
    openSUSE 51.1 - Plasma 5.12.8
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.16.4
    ASUS P5Q | Intel Quad 6600 @3.02 GHz | 8GB G.SKILL RAM | Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I change the vertical refresh on Display and Monitor

This thread describes a similar issue when using the proprietary driver. Don't use the KDE 'Display and Monitor' config tool when using proprietary drivers. The nvidia-settings tool is appropriate for this. To run it with root privileges

Code:
    kdesu nvidia-settings
    I'm not sure if this will work for the nvidia driver, but you could try editing etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf and change the VertRefresh entry from

Code:
     #VertRefresh 50-100
    to

Code:
    VertRefresh 60.0

Default Re: How do I change the vertical refresh on Display and Monitor

My recent experience as described in the thread, "Still trying to reconfigure refresh with proprietary NVIDIA driver" may help. I've literally been trying to solve this problem for several years, since I first installed openSUSE 11.1, and it only came together recently thanks to information scattered around these forums. Good luck.