Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

  1. #1
    google01103 NNTP User

    Default Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    anyone no why there's no window decorations in Compiz 11.3, kde4?

    tried adding emerald rpm from 11.2 but that didn't help

    following rpm's installed
    compiz-plugins-main-0.8.6-1.8.x86_64
    compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.6-1.11.x86_64
    compizconfig-settings-manager-0.8.4-3.1.noarch
    compiz-kde4-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    libcompizconfig-0.8.4-2.12.x86_64
    python-compizconfig-0.8.4-3.20.x86_64
    compiz-branding-openSUSE-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    compiz-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    compiz-emerald-0.8.6-1.1.x86_64
    compiz-manager-0.6.0-9.1.noarch

    --
    openSuse 11.3 x64bit, KDE4.4, Opera weekly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,734
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    google01103 wrote:

    > anyone no why there's no window decorations in Compiz 11.3, kde4?
    >
    > tried adding emerald rpm from 11.2 but that didn't help
    >
    > following rpm's installed
    > compiz-plugins-main-0.8.6-1.8.x86_64
    > compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.6-1.11.x86_64
    > compizconfig-settings-manager-0.8.4-3.1.noarch
    > compiz-kde4-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    > libcompizconfig-0.8.4-2.12.x86_64
    > python-compizconfig-0.8.4-3.20.x86_64
    > compiz-branding-openSUSE-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    > compiz-0.8.6-2.8.x86_64
    > compiz-emerald-0.8.6-1.1.x86_64
    > compiz-manager-0.6.0-9.1.noarch
    >


    Most of us don't use Compiz in kde4, prefering kwin
    http://wiki.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,205
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926
    Most of us don't use Compiz in kde4, prefering kwin
    http://wiki.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion
    Likewise, KDE4 Kwin is pretty cool and can do all I want...the spinning
    cube (or in Kwin's method spinning/rolling...). Compiz if for us
    Gnome-ites as well <ducking>

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.12-0.7-default
    up 5 days 1:37, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.05, 0.01
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 256.35


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,734
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    malcolmlewis wrote:

    >
    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926
    > Most of us don't use Compiz in kde4, prefering kwin
    > http://wiki.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion
    >
    > Likewise, KDE4 Kwin is pretty cool and can do all I want...the spinning
    > cube (or in Kwin's method spinning/rolling...). Compiz if for us
    > Gnome-ites as well <ducking>
    >

    Isn't the Fusion Icon needed in KDE? Can't be sure. But Ian's guide
    should help

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    Compiz as a composite manager offers a little bit more and has other intentions than KDE4 / KWin... I use KWin as well, but I don't quite understand why it is recommended as a substitute for Compiz so often.

    Please tell us which GFX-card you are using and whether a xorg.conf is used. In many cases window decoration in Compiz fail because Composite is not enabled properly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida usa
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    There is a check box for window decorations in Compizonfig Setting Manager
    Dale
    Computer ntel Next Unit of Computing Kit, Black/Grey BOXDCCP847DYE
    Processor intel celeron 847 @ 1.1 GHz
    Video intel sandybridge mobile

  7. #7
    google01103 NNTP User

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    dale14846 wrote:

    >
    > There is a check box for window decorations in Compizonfig

    Setting
    > Manager
    >
    >

    missed it, clicking provides decorations but none if the windows
    are movable (another setting?)

    strange BUT before up'ing to 11.3 compiz worked fine (though only
    the version in 11.2 oss, not 9.0)
    --
    openSuse 11.2 x64bit, KDE4.4, Opera weekly

  8. #8
    google01103 NNTP User

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    google01103 wrote:

    > dale14846 wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> There is a check box for window decorations in Compizonfig

    > Setting
    >> Manager
    >>
    >>

    > missed it, clicking provides decorations but none if the

    windows
    > are movable (another setting?)
    >
    > strange BUT before up'ing to 11.3 compiz worked fine (though

    only
    > the version in 11.2 oss, not 9.0)


    ok, there's a "move window" setting - now checked

    It appears my earlier config files (except emerald's) were not
    being used, did the location/name change?

    thanks, I'm up and running

    thanks

    --
    openSuse 11.2 x64bit, KDE4.4, Opera weekly

  9. #9
    google01103 NNTP User

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    google01103 wrote:

    > google01103 wrote:
    >
    >> dale14846 wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> There is a check box for window decorations in Compizonfig

    >> Setting
    >>> Manager
    >>>
    >>>

    >> missed it, clicking provides decorations but none if the

    > windows
    >> are movable (another setting?)
    >>
    >> strange BUT before up'ing to 11.3 compiz worked fine (though

    > only
    >> the version in 11.2 oss, not 9.0)

    >
    > ok, there's a "move window" setting - now checked
    >
    > It appears my earlier config files (except emerald's) were not
    > being used, did the location/name change?
    >
    > thanks, I'm up and running
    >
    > thanks
    >

    of course they changed - now:
    ~/config/compiz/compizconfig-1/config

    --
    openSuse 11.2 x64bit, KDE4.4, Opera weekly

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida usa
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Compiz - no window decorations for compiz in 11.3, kde4

    Quote Originally Posted by google01103 View Post
    dale14846 wrote:

    >
    > There is a check box for window decorations in Compizonfig

    Setting
    > Manager
    >
    >

    missed it, clicking provides decorations but none if the windows
    are movable (another setting?)

    strange BUT before up'ing to 11.3 compiz worked fine (though only
    the version in 11.2 oss, not 9.0)
    --
    openSuse 11.2 x64bit, KDE4.4, Opera weekly
    Yes there is just type move in the search box
    Dale
    Computer ntel Next Unit of Computing Kit, Black/Grey BOXDCCP847DYE
    Processor intel celeron 847 @ 1.1 GHz
    Video intel sandybridge mobile

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •