Thread: X server crash

Unhappy X server crash

Hi, I'm update my Xorg components via Index of /repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.2 and after that I was reboot my pc and surprise x server doesn't load, I'm going to runlevel 3 and type this command sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia but sax fail to start x server. Can I downgrade xorg to previous version or I must abandon current os and install a new one?

Default Re: X server crash

Updating xorg is tricky not sure why you would want to to it.

You can run Yast from the command line as root just type

yast

Yes I do that but one of Xorg commponents was stop working and application won't start like firefox, anyway I was install a new os and thanks for reply.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmachine View Post
    Hi, I'm update my Xorg components via Index of /repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.2 and after that I was reboot my pc and surprise x server doesn't load, I'm going to runlevel 3 and type this command sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia but sax fail to start x server. Can I downgrade xorg to previous version or I must abandon current os and install a new one?
    Instead of using Sax2, you can, and should (since sax2 will not be in 11.3) use Xorg -configure. You can downgrade your Xorg though. You can either use yast in ncurses mode or zypper. If you use zypper, disable the Xorg repo first.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.