Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No visible config/action buttons on widgets, folder views on KDE 4.4.x

Default No visible config/action buttons on widgets, folder views on KDE 4.4.x

Hi all,

It was a bit difficult to make a descriptive title so I will explain what my problem is.

Since KDE 4.4.3 I'm having no close resize, rotate, config buttons that ussually appear on the desktop widgets when you hover the mouse on them. Instead, an empty rectangle appears. If I blindly click where the buttons used to be, I'm able to close, resize, rotate and/or enter config. menu, but as I said I cannot see any buttons. This problem also exists in any folder view that I open on my desktop and also with the buttons that use to be next to the command line when you activate Alt+F2.

I already tried to rename the .kde and .kde4 folders, but had no luck with that. With a clean new desktop, I can see the buttons only in the original desktop decoration Air Opensuse. If I try to change to the ones that come with KDE (Air for netbooks & Aya) I'm having the problem again. With this I discard that the problem is from the windows decorations that you can download from kde-look.org.

Does anybody has a clue of what could be going on? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Default Re: No visible config/action buttons on widgets, folder views onKDE 4.4.x

santasemilla wrote:
    > I can see the buttons only in the
    > original desktop decoration "Air Opensuse"

hmmmm: use what works, huh?

> Does anybody has a clue of what could be going on? Any help will be
    > appreciated.

in my experience stuff disappearing is usually a graphic board/driver
    problem..

try turning off desktop effects and see if it better then..

or, you might *try* 4.4.4 (seek instructions on how to install it
    already posted in these fora, somewhere)

--
    DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    posted via NNTP w/TBird 2.0.0.23 | KDE 3.5.7 | openSUSE 10.3
    2.6.22.19-0.4-default SMP i686
    AMD Athlon 1 GB RAM | GeForce FX 5500 | ASRock K8Upgrade-760GX |
    CMedia 9761 AC'97 Audio

Blog Entries

Default Re: No visible config/action buttons on widgets, folder views on KDE 4.4.x

Quote Originally Posted by santasemilla View Post
    Hi all,

It was a bit difficult to make a descriptive title so I will explain what my problem is.

Since KDE 4.4.3 I'm having no close resize, rotate, config buttons that ussually appear on the desktop widgets when you hover the mouse on them. Instead, an empty rectangle appears. If I blindly click where the buttons used to be, I'm able to close, resize, rotate and/or enter config. menu, but as I said I cannot see any buttons. This problem also exists in any folder view that I open on my desktop and also with the buttons that use to be next to the command line when you activate Alt+F2.

I already tried to rename the .kde and .kde4 folders, but had no luck with that. With a clean new desktop, I can see the buttons only in the original desktop decoration Air Opensuse. If I try to change to the ones that come with KDE (Air for netbooks & Aya) I'm having the problem again. With this I discard that the problem is from the windows decorations that you can download from kde-look.org.

Does anybody has a clue of what could be going on? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much!
    Which desktop activity are you using?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Default Re: No visible config/action buttons on widgets, folder views on KDE 4.4.x

It seems to me that now all adjustment is made via right click desktop - Configure
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Hi, thanks for the help.

I'm using the normal Desktop activity. If I disable the effects nothing changes and yes, I'm using now KDE 4.4.4 and issue is still there.

caf4926, I don't know what you mean by "all adjustment is made via right click desktop - Configure". at most I can configure desktop activity settings by dong right click on the desktop.

Blog Entries

You should use 'Folder View' (Not the folder widget added to the Plain desktop!)

It will look like this:

Notice the available settings
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Blog Entries

Actually you can use the plain desktop and a folder widget, then right click the folder to get this:
    Leap 15.1_KDE

caf, I think he's talking about when, say if you hover your mouse over the desktop folder view widget when the desktop is unlocked, that tab menu that appears with the resize, rotate, and configure options - those buttons aren't appearing, but he's still able to click where they would be and it works, and he's wondering how to get them to appear again. I'd provide a screenshot but I'm at work and am using XP at the moment.

santasemilla,

Can you try installing a workspace theme that doesn't come with kde? Such as glassified or glaze?

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Blog Entries

OK Ian
    We await the OP
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Not the Original Poster but have had the same problem - missing buttons on the tabs to the side of Folder View.

I have tested all the Desktop themes that come with 11.2 x86_64 (GeForce 7600 GS, NVIDIA 195.36.15) with the following results:

Folder View buttons DO appear:
    Air openSUSE
    Air
    Aya
    Oxygen
    openSUSE

Folder View buttons DO NOT appear:
    Eleonora
    Glassified

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast