Thread: Are we using "Xorg -configure" now???

Threaded View

Default Are we using "Xorg -configure" now???

Code:
    # sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia
    If 'sax2' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf sax2

# sax2
    If 'sax2' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf sax2

# Sax2
    If 'Sax2' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf Sax2

# Sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia
    If 'Sax2' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf Sax2

# cnf sax2
    sax2: command not found

# cnf Sax2
    Sax2: command not found
    Did I miss the memo??? If one has on-board nvidia graphics how does one configure nouveau or even vesa? If I have a problem with nvidia driver I constantly end up with either a 640 by 480 display [1680x1050 is norm] or a garbled display like nv driver provides... Oh and "Xorg -configure" doesn't seem to work either.

What the heck am I missing... I mean no sax2??? That's causing me a lot of lost time that could be spent testing. How do we configure non-proprietary graphics in openSuSE now a days?

Edit: I'm sure this is something I just missed. But I do need to know WHAT I missed.
    Last edited by dwightpaige79; 08-Jun-2010 at 19:23. Reason: Just because.
    Thanks,
    Dwight Paige