Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time & Language help!

Default Time & Language help!

My time zone is set right. I look at yest. And it set to the right time zone. But it said 02:04 am. When it should be about 19:07 PM! I'm not sure what to do. As for my language problem. I'm not sure. Took a look at yest again. But I'm having a ton of spelling error.

Have a look for your self.

I really want this fix! Just not sure how to do it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Time & Language help!

So what is your correct time zone supposed to be? And did you have another operating system on this computer before?

It should be 7:39PM! But it saying 2:36am.

Blog Entries

I mean what country and timezone are you in? And do you have Windows on that machine also?

GMT -6. I used to have windows 7. But delete the partition.

Blog Entries

When you installed, did you set the clock to use UTC (formerly called GMT) or local time? If you have only Linux on that machine, UTC is the right choice. At first the clock may be wrong because Windows uses local time, but once you correct the computer time, it will be ok the next time you boot. The BIOS time will then be actually in UTC so don't be concerned or try to change that.

You might want to install and start the NTP service to keep your computer clock sychronised.

How do I run NTP?

Blog Entries

Install these packages with YaST (search for them): ntp, yast2-ntp-client (and any dependencies YaST picks up, of course). Then you can configure NTP under YaST > Network Services > NTP configuration.

I findly got it fix! I had to go into yest time and date. Trun off UTC. Then go to Change. And change my NTP server to "clook.isc.org". For some reason the default server is way out of date(at less for me it is). Now I just need to fix my language problem.

Blog Entries

UTC is the better choice if you only have Linux on that computer. Otherwise you will have a small glitch twice a year at DST change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast