Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: repository for opensuse

  1. #1
    Juan Mera NNTP User

    Default repository for opensuse

    Good day,

    Wich URL its the repository for opensuse to openoffice?
    Are there any RPM to install separately?

    Thanks for your time,

    Regards

    Juan L. Mera

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: repository for opensuse

    Hi,

    Just open up Yast and click on Software Repositories. Choose add and click the Community Repositories radio button and then Next. Then choose the OpenOffice.org repository.

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: repository for opensuse

    ijbreakey wrote:
    > Just open up Yast and click on Software Repositories. Choose add and
    > click the Community Repositories radio button and then Next. Then choose
    > the OpenOffice.org repository.


    i disagree: the 'released' level is in the normal "oss" repo (which
    should be default enabled in all openSUSE installs) and the
    "unreleased" (ie *beta*, not stable/dependable) version in the
    OpenOffice repo accessed as described above..

    in other words, to install OpenOffice do NOT enable tehOpenOffice-org
    repo in Community, instead just open YaST > Software Management, and
    search on openoffice and select the language and modules you wish..

    of course Juan, if you wish to be a software tester go for the
    bleeding edge....but, if you have work to do stick with the normal repo..

    --
    DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    posted via NNTP w/TBird 2.0.0.23 | KDE 3.5.7 | openSUSE 10.3
    2.6.22.19-0.4-default SMP i686
    AMD Athlon 1 GB RAM | GeForce FX 5500 | ASRock K8Upgrade-760GX |
    CMedia 9761 AC'97 Audio

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: repository for opensuse

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    i disagree: the 'released' level is in the normal "oss" repo (which
    should be default enabled in all openSUSE installs) and the
    "unreleased" (ie *beta*, not stable/dependable) version in the
    OpenOffice repo accessed as described above..
    OpenOffice 3.1.1 is in the oss repository. But the latest stable release, OpenOffice 3.2.0, is here (for openSUSE 11.2): Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2. If you want to update openOffice add the repo the way ijbreakey suggested and then open software management. In software management hit the "repositories" tab, select the openOffice repo and do the "switch system packages to this repository" thing.
    Regards and good luck!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: repository for opensuse

    supertimorplusfort wrote:
    > OpenOffice 3.1.1 is in the oss repository. But the latest stable
    > release, OpenOffice 3.2.0, is here (for openSUSE 11.2): 'Index of
    > /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2'
    > (http://tinyurl.com/y9qypex)


    ok, thanks for the clarification...(and apologies to OP Ian)

    --
    DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    posted via NNTP w/TBird 2.0.0.23 | KDE 3.5.7 | openSUSE 10.3
    2.6.22.19-0.4-default SMP i686
    AMD Athlon 1 GB RAM | GeForce FX 5500 | ASRock K8Upgrade-760GX |
    CMedia 9761 AC'97 Audio

  6. #6
    Juan Mera NNTP User

    Default Re: repository for opensuse

    supertimorplusfort <supertimorplusfort@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote in
    news:supertimorplusfort.4beeap@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org:

    > 'Index of
    > /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2'
    > (http://tinyurl.com/y9qypex)


    Thanks, this its my option

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •