Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simple-ccsm doesn't start

Default simple-ccsm doesn't start

Hi.
    I installed compiz via 1-Click installer.
    After installation I tried to run simple-ccsm,but it doesn't start and shows me this reports :

/usr/bin/simple-ccsm:40: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
    Tooltips = gtk.Tooltips()
    /usr/bin/simple-ccsm:182: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
    libccs: dlopen: /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libkconfig4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/simple-ccsm:426: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
    Tooltips.set_tip(self, _("Disabled"))
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/simple-ccsm", line 1385, in <module>
    mainWin = MainWin(context, page)
    File "/usr/bin/simple-ccsm", line 1181, in __init__
    self.Update()
    File "/usr/bin/simple-ccsm", line 1210, in Update
    self.ZoomPage.Update()
    File "/usr/bin/simple-ccsm", line 1102, in Update
    self.SetZoom()
    File "/usr/bin/simple-ccsm", line 1063, in SetZoom
    setting = plugin.Display[settingName]
    KeyError: 'zoom_in'

How I can fix this problem?

Default Re: simple-ccsm doesn't start

Hi,

Are you using KDE or GNOME? Also which version of openSUSE are you using? And finally, have you tried following my guide here Installing and Configuring Compiz - openSUSE Forums?

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

I'm using KDE on openSuSE 11.2.

I checked your link and when I try to install compiz,it finds conflict problems.

#### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2010-05-21 23:00:27 ####

compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1.i586 requires compiz = 0.8.4, but this requirement cannot be provided
    uninstallable providers: compiz-0.8.4-167.1.i586[X11GL]
    [ ] break compiz-kde4 by ignoring some of its dependencies

[ ] do not install compiz-0.7.8-43.44.1.i586

[ ] do not install compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1.i586

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

Choose

compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1.i586 requires compiz = 0.8.4, but this requirement cannot be provided
    uninstallable providers: compiz-0.8.4-167.1.i586[X11GL]
    [ ] break compiz-kde4 by ignoring some of its dependencies

[X] do not install compiz-0.7.8-43.44.1.i586

[ ] do not install compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1.i586

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

when I choose Compiz as my default window manager,there is no window decoration.

The installation guide I gave there covers everything.

*Note: Currently (as of 12/04/2009) the one-click installer excludes the compiz-emerald and compiz-emerald-themes packages. You will have to manually install these or else you will not have window decorations when you set compiz as your window manager (remember to choose version 0.8.x and not 0.7.x).

12.)If you want to use emerald as the decoration manager when compiz starts up, open the CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM), go to the Effects Category
    and make sure Window Decoration plugin is checked. Click into the plugin and find "Command".
    If it's not in there already replace whatever's in there with

Code:
    emerald --replace
    13.) For KDE4 users, To set compiz as the default window manager open Configure Desktop (Personal Settings). Then click Default Applications. Click Window Manager and choose Use a different window manager. Use the drop down menu to choose Compiz (not Compiz custom).
    You have to install the emerald packages manually. Just open up Yast's Software Installation and search for emerald. You need compiz-emerald and compiz-emerald-themes.

Then follow my instructions above and you'll be using compiz as your default window manager.

Take Care,

Ian

I did it,but again simple-ccsm doesn't start as I said earlier.
    what should I do now?

Downloading and trying this out again now.

Is there any particular reason you need to use the simple-ccsm and not the regular ccsm?

Take care,

Ian

Works for me. The output on my computer:

Code:
    simple-ccsm
    /usr/bin/simple-ccsm:40: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
    /usr/bin/simple-ccsm:182: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
    /usr/bin/simple-ccsm:426: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
      Tooltips.set_tip(self, _("Disabled"))
    But it launches.

It looks like you're having trouble here:
    Code:
    libccs: dlopen: /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libkconfig4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I also do not have this file, but I'm running 64 bit.

Which version of KDE are you using?

Take Care,

Ian

I'm using 32bit version.
    If I wanna use ccsm ,how I can enable or disable compiz?I used ccsm but when I enable or disable plugins,they dont take effect and I can only manage plugins using Desktop Effect within systemsettings.
    Also there are such a abnormal things happend.Run Program changed in its diplay mode,I dont know why some changes happed each time system gone shutdown or reboot without my interaction.It seems 11.2 has a huge amount of unknown bugs.11.1 was pretty much stable than 11.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast