Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Firefox selective printing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    i am location
    Posts
    1,421

    Question Firefox selective printing

    Hi, i am not sure if its me or if firefox just does not have it. A button to print out a selected text.
    I remember with IE it was very easy to just select a text from a webpage and really only print that piece.
    With firefox i always have to print the whole page.
    I did find a selection under Options. But is this a design thing or is there even an app that makes it just easier to print selective?

    Thanks for help

  2. #2
    PeeGee NNTP User

    Default Re: Firefox selective printing

    On 20/05/10 00:26, yester64 wrote:
    >
    > Hi, i am not sure if its me or if firefox just does not have it. A
    > button to print out a selected text.
    > I remember with IE it was very easy to just select a text from a
    > webpage and really only print that piece.
    > With firefox i always have to print the whole page.
    > I did find a selection under Options. But is this a design thing or is
    > there even an app that makes it just easier to print selective?
    >
    > Thanks for help
    >
    >


    Not sure if it fits your needs exactly, but I use the Aardvark add-on,
    which allows you to selectively "remove" elements from the page
    (refresh will pull them all back :-) ).

    --
    PeeGee

    Asus m/b M2V-MX SE, AMD LE1640, 2GB, openSUSE 11.2/11.0 x86_64 dual boot
    + XP Home in VBox
    Asus m/b M2NPV-VM, AMD 64X2 3800+, 2GB, openSUSE 10.3 x86_64/XP Home
    dual boot
    Acer Aspire 1350, AMD (M)XP2400+, 768MB, openSUSE 11.2/XP Home dual boot
    Asus eeePC 4G (701), Celeron M353, 2GB, openSUSE 11.2 on SSD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,385

    Default Re: Firefox selective printing

    I do not know if this fits your need, but you ca print part of the screen using Ksnapshot (when you are a KDE user, when not there mut be something like that in Gnome).
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    i am location
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: Firefox selective printing

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeGee View Post
    On 20/05/10 00:26, yester64 wrote:
    >
    > Hi, i am not sure if its me or if firefox just does not have it. A
    > button to print out a selected text.
    > I remember with IE it was very easy to just select a text from a
    > webpage and really only print that piece.
    > With firefox i always have to print the whole page.
    > I did find a selection under Options. But is this a design thing or is
    > there even an app that makes it just easier to print selective?
    >
    > Thanks for help
    >
    >


    Not sure if it fits your needs exactly, but I use the Aardvark add-on,
    which allows you to selectively "remove" elements from the page
    (refresh will pull them all back :-) ).
    Actually that helps a little bit. Not bad.
    Still would like to have the button. Not sure why that isn't included.
    But that tip works

    Thanks for everyones input.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Firefox selective printing

    Quote Originally Posted by yester64 View Post
    Actually that helps a little bit. Not bad.
    Still would like to have the button. Not sure why that isn't included.
    But that tip works

    Thanks for everyones input.
    If you're not afraid of using shortcuts, Control+P brings up the printer dialog where one of the check boxes on the options page allows selection printing.

    Tom
    Tom Taylor - retired penguin
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata3
    openSUSE 12.3x86_64 openSUSE 13.1-M2x86_64
    KDE 4.8.5, FF 14.0.1 - 8- KDE 4.10.0, FF 20.0
    registered linux user 263467

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •