Thread: Problem with installing drivers for NI USB-6008, kernel source not configured

Default Problem with installing drivers for NI USB-6008, kernel source not configured

Hello,

I'm trying to install NI VISA and drivers for NI USB-6008 on OpenSUSE 11.2, so I've downloaded the appropriate ISOs with installation scripts. However, both need to build modules, and require configured kernel source.

Here's the exact error message I got :
    Code:
    Checking required install tools...
    Checking installer tool versions...
    dpkg       Not found in current path
    rpm        4.7.1 can be used with a default installation path
    tar        1.21
    Checking dependencies...
    glibc      2.10.1
    Unpacking install files to /tmp/nivisa-4.5.0f0.install...

******************************** ERROR ****************************************
    * Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop/source does not appear to be
    * configured for the 2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop kernel.
    * Configuration of kernel source is required to continue installation.        *
    * Refer to the README file for the product you are installing for information *
    * about configuring your kernel source.                                       *
    ******************************** ERROR ****************************************

Installer is aborted.
    I'm not sure what I have to do here, I thought that if I install the kernel headers and source, the configuration file will match the configuration of my current kernel. What should I do?

Default Re: Problem with installing drivers for NI USB-6008, kernel source not configured

Check in Yast and make sure all the version numbers are the same on the kernel packages and also the same flavor ie desktop, default, etc

Default Re: Problem with installing drivers for NI USB-6008, kernel source not configured

Hi fingerprint211b,

Did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same boat (though with 11.3).

John

Me too! Did you found a solution?
    1) Lenovo T61 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M and Intel AGN - on OpenSuSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3
    2) Desktop PC with Nvidia 8800 GTS, G15 Keyboard and LAN - on OpenSuSE 11.1 with KDE 4.2