Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant find Pulse Audio equalizer ?

Default Cant find Pulse Audio equalizer ?

I was looking for the Pulse Audio equalizer in the repos and saw that it wasnt there? All the other Pulse Audio stuff is there but not the Pulse Audio equalizer? Any one who can help to install it?
    openSUSE 11.2 x64 KDE 4.3.5

Default Re: Cant find Pulse Audio equalizer ?

It is this i am talking about:

Equalizer for Pulse Audio Explore Ubuntu

It comes with both Ubuntu and Fedora...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RimFrost View Post
    It is this i am talking about:

Equalizer for Pulse Audio Explore Ubuntu

It comes with both Ubuntu and Fedora...
    To the best of my knowledge, this has not been packaged for openSUSE. It appears to use However since this has not been packaged by anyone for openSUSE, it is possible there is some integration work required and it may be more than just a simple matter of installing the above noted packages.

There is also a thread here for a pulse audio equalizer which may or may not be the same, and it is also not packaged for openSUSE: pulseaudio equalizer - Gitorious

I noted on one Ubuntu thread a caution that the equalizer may not work on 64 bit systems, as extra 32-bit libraries could be required.

In some cases the code as packaged does not use the standard tarball convention but uses something specific to Ubuntu, which does not help other distributions. Still, I notice Fedora have implemented a version of this recently.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, this has not been packaged for openSUSE. It appears to use However since this has not been packaged by anyone for openSUSE, it is possible there is some integration work required and it may be more than just a simple matter of installing the above noted packages.

There is also a thread here for a pulse audio equalizer which may or may not be the same, and it is also not packaged for openSUSE: pulseaudio equalizer - Gitorious

I noted on one Ubuntu thread a caution that the equalizer may not work on 64 bit systems, as extra 32-bit libraries could be required.

In some cases the code as packaged does not use the standard tarball convention but uses something specific to Ubuntu, which does not help other distributions. Still, I notice Fedora have implemented a version of this recently.
    Ok.

But the pulse audio equalizer runs fine in a x64 bit system.
    I have never had any problems to get it running on Ubuntu x64 or Fedora x64 when i ran them

How do i add this git clone from your link:

git clone http://git.gitorious.org/pulseaudio-...-equalizer.git

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RimFrost View Post
    How do i add this git clone from your link:

git clone http://git.gitorious.org/pulseaudio-...-equalizer.git
    Thats a link I found, but its not my site.

Blog Entries

I note this is where the fedora packaged version is being kept: pulseaudio-equalizer | Package Info | Koji

but I do not know where the tarball source is located.

I note this is where the fedora packaged version is being kept: pulseaudio-equalizer | Package Info | Koji

I downloaded that .rpm but it gave me:

Could not find the rpm-Package in Pool
    When i did try to install it?

Blog Entries

Thinking about this, the safest way to go about this is to raise a request on openFATE that openSUSE also package pulseaudio-equalizer. Or you could ask on the Packman Packagers mailing list , for one of them to package it, pointing to the Fedora location.

The URL I provided does have the Fedora rpm .src file. I did a rebuild of that Fedora rpm on openSUSE with this (as a regular user):
    Code:
    rpmbuild --rebuild pulseaudio-equalizer-2.7-1.fc12.src.rpm
    where the rpm is populated in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/noarch/ and I noted this:
    Code:
    oldcpu@corei7:/usr/src/packages/RPMS/noarch> rpm -qip pulseaudio-equalizer-2.7-1.noarch.rpm         
    Name        : pulseaudio-equalizer         Relocations: (not relocatable)                            
    Version     : 2.7                               Vendor: (none)                                       
    Release     : 1                             Build Date: Sat 15 May 2010 12:01:13 PM CEST             
    Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: corei7.darmstadt                            
    Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: pulseaudio-equalizer-2.7-1.src.rpm           
    Size        : 39661                            License: GPLv3+                                       
    Signature   : (none)                                                                                 
    URL         : https://code.launchpad.net/~psyke83/+junk/pulseaudio-equalizer                         
    Summary     : A 15 Bands Equalizer for PulseAudio                                                    
    Description :                                                                                        
    PulseAudio Equalizer is a 15 bands system wide equalizer, that means                                 
    any application that is using PulseAudio, will benefit from the sound                                
    improvement.                                                                                         
    Distribution: (none)
    and I noted these files:
    Code:
    oldcpu@corei7:/usr/src/packages/RPMS/noarch> rpm -qp pulseaudio-equalizer-2.7-1.noarch.rpm -l      
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer                                                                       
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk                                                                   
    /usr/share/applications/pulseaudio-equalizer.desktop                                                
    /usr/share/doc/packages/pulseaudio-equalizer
    /usr/share/doc/packages/pulseaudio-equalizer/COPYING
    /usr/share/doc/packages/pulseaudio-equalizer/ChangeLog
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Classical.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Club.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Dance.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Flat.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Full Bass & Treble.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Full Bass.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Full Treble.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Headphones.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Laptop.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Large Hall.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Live.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Party.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Pop.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Reggae.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Rock.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Ska.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Soft Rock.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Soft.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/presets/Techno.preset
    /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py
    but frankly I'm not willing to risk breaking my audio to install nor to test that. I don't at this time have a PC available that I would want to test it on. I do NOT recommend this to you. Its also not clear to me what dependencies are needed to be solved for that rpm to work, and I note Fedora dependencies may be different from openSUSE dependencies.

I think openFATE or getting someone who knows more than I to package is a safer approach.
    Last edited by oldcpu; 15-May-2010 at 03:20.

I sent an e-mail to the Packman people now and asked if they could package it and include it to the repos.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast