Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dbus error

Question dbus error

hi folks

I have just installed the latest version which I downloaded last night but have come across a problem.
    Every time I try to update I get the following error

DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit.

any help you can give me with this please since it seems to be affecting everything yast does. I am unable to download anything using yast since I keep getting this error.

Any help you could give me please?

Default Re: dbus error

Latest version of what?

Blog Entries

I think you are talking about running the software module in Yast (is that right?) in openSUSE (is that right?).

If that's the case then maybe this message:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataxia View Post
    DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit......
    implies that there is a problem with one of the software repositories. So if you watch closely, do you see any mention of the repository when this error appears?
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Blog Entries

Also, you could please post here the repository list which you can copy/paste after you run this command:
    Code:
    zypper ls
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

ok yes it was opensuse that I installed for the first time.
    After installation there was an updater icon that was the first thing to show this error.
    when I click the update manually using yast button it comes up with error reports from kupdateapplet so I assume that is the original package you referred to.

I can open yast via the administrator settings link in the start menu type thing. When I click online update on that it comes up with the error

Error while creating client module online_update

same happens with a slightly different error when clicking the online update configuration in the same menu but the module is - online_update_configuration

When I put in the zypper 1s command into terminal it came up with the following -

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libzypp.so.619: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

I hope this helps you guys out to find what is wrong, thanks for the help already

I have seen this problem occurring several times for a few days now, it mostly occurs right after a fresh install, probably because zypper got a major upgrade recently (1.2.8 → 1.3.4 from the 'update'-repository, which is quite uncommon). I have found a workaround →here which sounds like worth giving a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    A workaround, that worked for this time anyhow, is I created a symbolic
    link libzypper.so.619 pointing to the current libzypp.so.631.0.4
    library, after that zypper and yast ran and I was able to post all
    updates etc....

Hi thanks for that info it sounds like that might be the problem that I have

Unfortunately I am new to Linux as a whole, and haven't got the faintest idea how to "create a symbolic link", so most of that went straight over my head lol.

As root:

Code:
    ln -s /usr/lib/libzypp.so.631.0.4 /usr/lib/libzypp.so.619
    ["libzypper.so.619" (as written by Tony) is actually wrong, probably a typo]

After that, try working with YaST / zypper and do a systemwide upgrade, after that the softlink should be obsolete and can be removed.

I got it eventually lol

thank you very much for all oyur help it is much appreciated.

for info that code worked np once I managed to get into root ( had to open a root terminal through konqueror, I don't know if that's the easiest way but it is what I found quickly using google)

Had the same error from the KUpdate applet today. Using YaST worked fine, though (no dbus error).
    Günter

Desk: Tumbleweed, KDE 5, AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 16Gb, 120Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast