Thread: kmozilla helper crashes firefox

Default kmozilla helper crashes firefox

Hello ..We have used open suse for a while and very good it is ..just a little niggle we have is that when opening web mail attachments the default application dialogue box displays the correct application to open the file when i select ok ..another db appears which is kmozilla helper and a drop down list to select the correct application again ..which it does ..my question is there any way to avoid the second db .. i have tried selecting the option to update the configuration ..but next time it just does the same thing ..i have searched for kmozilla helper but it does not feature in any forum ..if anyone has any solution or suggestion i would really appreciate any help ..

thanks again

Default Re: kmozilla helper crashes firefox

I have also found other problems associated with kmozillahelper. there is another thread in this forum which talks about firefox freezing randomly, (my system suffers the same... firefox freezes and sometimes makes my whole system freeze) I found out that that was also related with kmozillahelper. When I kill it firefox resumes.

Looking for some sort of solution here too.