kmozilla helper crashes firefox

Hello …We have used open suse for a while and very good it is …just a little niggle we have is that when opening web mail attachments the default application dialogue box displays the correct application to open the file when i select ok …another db appears which is kmozilla helper and a drop down list to select the correct application again …which it does …my question is there any way to avoid the second db … i have tried selecting the option to update the configuration …but next time it just does the same thing …i have searched for kmozilla helper but it does not feature in any forum …if anyone has any solution or suggestion i would really appreciate any help …

thanks again

I have also found other problems associated with kmozillahelper. there is another thread in this forum which talks about firefox freezing randomly, (my system suffers the same… firefox freezes and sometimes makes my whole system freeze) I found out that that was also related with kmozillahelper. When I kill it firefox resumes.

Looking for some sort of solution here too.

rotfl! This is how I solved OpenOffice - Firefox crashes , AND FIXED SUPER slow copy and paste on 11.2 SUSE Linux :

#1.) I DELETED mozilla-kde4-integration aka kde4 integration >> but this was NO HELP

#2.) then , use YAST ( or ask your admin ) , I simply RE-INSTALLED Mozilla Firefox >> and it WORKS NOW !! FireFox copy and paste to OpenOffice document etc. is AOK and NO MORE :X BARFing !!

I suspect that you really only need to do #2.) use YAST to RE-INSTALL Mozilla Firefox.

:slight_smile: Good luck !

• Marcc

P.S> If that helped you out , do me a favor - go to MapZaps | MapZaps mobile social networking portal shows you the shortcut to friends and fun ! , ‘Sign Up’ , ‘Log In’ and ‘Invite your friends and colleagues’ or maybe just leave me marcc a ‘Privatemsg’ telling me what kind of mobile phone your run e.g. Motorola , BlackBerry , Nokia etc. - so can know if can help you out some more …

Try MapZaps.com for mobile social networking !

Cheers ! :wink: