Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installing klibido (and other app installation frustrations)

Default Re: installing klibido (and other app installation frustrations)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Emsworth View Post
    Software.openSUSE.org

Klibido is easily found with the "openSUSE Software" search in Firefox. Now the only missing step is to add the repository and do what Akoellh did.

Analogous with that other software, pypar2.
    Hm, using Webpin does not seem to cover everything, had to use this one also. Strange that Webpin is more or less 'official' in Yast > Software.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by Teknical View Post
    im a new suse user coming from kubuntu and I have to say im frustrated with trying to install stuff already. Im used to apt-get and the software managers in ubuntu, I can install these two programs in under a minute(klibido, pypar2), Not so much on suse .. there has got to be something easier than what im doing? klibido and pypar dont show up in yast.

I had to manually find the dependencies for pypar2 and managed to get pypar installed via rpm.

Now im working with a klibido rpm thats *****ing about dependencies again!

zypper doesnt find these programs either .. is there seriously no easy manager like apt get utils on ubuntu? this may sway my distro choice

im sure theres a lot im missing .. and keep in mind im new linux user so if ive missed the obvious, forgive me

heres the dependency issues with the current rpm, but honestly it doesnt matter .. if theres no apt-get alternative thats as simple .. ill be reos'ing today:

It's not your newness that's the problem it's your attitude. Typical *buntu user, this works in *buntu doesn't work in your distro so it's your distro' that's the problem not my lack of knowledge.

A post like that deserves flames or complete disinterest. If you want help you first need to learn how to earn it.

Samsung RV510 + openSUSE 12.1 64bit + KDE 4.7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Raffles10 View Post
    A post like that deserves flames or complete disinterest. If you want help you first need to learn how to earn it.

Flames deserved of not, we do not like them here. I hope nobody feels invited.
    Henk van Velden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12