Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Install Additional Software Check

Default Install Additional Software Check

After a recent update, when ever I attempt to open a ".ogv" extension from within Dolphin File Mananger in KDE4.4.2, I get a window that pops up every time for Checking For additional Software to install. It does this in spite of the fact I already have several players and the default set to SMPlayer to play the files.

How do I turn this behavior off? It's really annoying because you either have to wait for it to finish checking (and finding nothing BTW) or Cancel it in order to play the file. This just started recently.

I don't see anything obvious in Dolphin configuration, but I'm not even sure it's related to Dolphin at all.

Thanks.
    Desktop - Custom Build | Intel i7-950 | Asus P6X58D Premium MB | openSUSE 13.2 X86_64 | 12GB Ram | NVidia GTX580 | KDE 4.14.8

Blog Entries

Default Re: Install Additional Software Check

Are you saying it only happens when trying to launch the file via or dolphin or does it do it in konqueror too?

What if you open smplayer and go to File - Open...
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Are you saying it only happens when trying to launch the file via or dolphin or does it do it in konqueror too?

What if you open smplayer and go to File - Open...
    It appears to only do it from within Dolphin. I just tried Konqueror and it does not do that. Opening direct from within SMPlayer always works fine.
    Desktop - Custom Build | Intel i7-950 | Asus P6X58D Premium MB | openSUSE 13.2 X86_64 | 12GB Ram | NVidia GTX580 | KDE 4.14.8

Blog Entries

try deleting all your hidden dolphin config files and folders

everything here: .kde4/share/apps/dolphin

and this: .kde4/share/config/dolphinrc

or try a new user account, and see if it's the same
    Leap 15.1_KDE

try deleting all your hidden dolphin config files and folders

everything here: .kde4/share/apps/dolphin

and this: .kde4/share/config/dolphinrc

or try a new user account, and see if it's the same
    Ok, tried that, same result.

Blog Entries

You get the same result in a new user account?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

You get the same result in a new user account?
    Here's what happened with a new user. I started Dolphin and selected .ogv output to play. It defaulted to using Dragon Player, which I prefer not to use.

I added smplayer to the application list for .ogv file types and selected the file again. This time it said, "There Is No Software Installed On Your System To Play This File Type, Do you want to Install One?" I answered no and the file opened with smplayer. But now it asks that every time, even after selecting the Do not Ask option in the dialog.

Blog Entries

Please post your repo list, do this in a terminal

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Please post your repo list, do this in a terminal

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Here is the output:

dmc55@dmcLinux:~> zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | KDE4_Backports | KDE4 Backports | No | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1 |
    2 | KDE4_Community | KDE4 Community | No | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_STABLE_Desktop |
    3 | KDE4_Core_Packages | KDE4 Core Packages | No | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1 |
    4 | KDE4_Playground | KDE4 Playground | No | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Playground/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_STABLE_Desktop |
    5 | KDE_3.5_Community_Packages | KDE 3.5 Community Packages | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    6 | KDE_3.5_Core_Packages | KDE 3.5 Core Packages | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_11.1 |
    7 | KDE_4.4_Community | KDE 4.4 Community | Yes | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop |
    8 | KDE_4.4_Core_Packages | KDE 4.4 Core Packages | Yes | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1 |
    9 | KDE_4.4_Playground | KDE 4.4 Playground | Yes | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Playground/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop |
    10 | Local_RPMS | Local RPMS | Yes | Yes | 100 | plaindir | dir:///data/App_Software/InstalledRPMS |
    11 | Mozilla_Firefox | Mozilla Firefox | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    12 | NVIDIA | NVIDIA | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1/ |
    13 | OpenOffice_Stable_Repositories | OpenOffice Stable Repositories | Yes | Yes | 25 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    14 | Packman_Respositories | Packman Respositories | Yes | Yes | 30 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.1 |
    15 | VLC_VideoLan_Repositories | VLC VideoLan Repositories | Yes | Yes | 50 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/vlc/SuSE/11.1/ |
    16 | Wine | Wine | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1 |
    17 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | No | Yes | 100 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    18 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    19 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    20 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | No | Yes | 100 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    21 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 100 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |

Blog Entries

Umm..

Disable VideoLan
    Change Packman priority to 10
    Go thru Packman and try and make sure each package there is pm version. Look for the pm in the version:
    Eg;

k3b-1.91.0_rc2-0.pm.1.17.x86_64
    You may struggle to get every package over to pm, but look carefully at any error boxes and the options it offers.

(Do you know how to do this?)
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast