Thread: Feeds - Kontact - frozen

Arrow Feeds - Kontact - frozen

Hi. In the last couple of days when I start Kontact it gets frozen on FEEDS. I have tried to start all of the applications within Kontact separately and they all start fine except for Akregator i.e. Feeds. I have been looking for a debug howto or a log file location to try diagnose where/what the problem is. Opensuse 11.2, KDE 4.3.5. Any ideas. Thanks

Default Re: Feeds - Kontact - frozen

Hello zac3st18,

Quote Originally Posted by zac3st18
    In the last couple of days when I start Kontact it gets frozen on FEEDS.
    What is the last thing you did before this problem appeared?

I have been looking for a debug howto or a log file location to try diagnose where/what the problem is.
    Start a terminal and run this command:
    Code:
    kontact
    You can also try to run Akregator with this command:
    Code:
    akregator
    Could you post the output of those commands?

You can also try to reset your current configuration.
    Run these commands to reset:
    Code:
    mv $HOME/.kde4/share/config/akregatorrc /home/suse/.kde4/share/config/akregatorrc.BU
    mv $HOME/.kde4/share/apps/akregator/ /home/suse/.kde4/share/apps/akregatorBU/
    If this didn't work you can get them back with these commands:
    Code:
    mv $HOME/.kde4/share/config/akregatorrc.BU /home/suse/.kde4/share/config/akregatorrc
    mv $HOME/.kde4/share/apps/akregatorBU/ /home/suse/.kde4/share/apps/akregator/
    Good luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"

Hi Edward
    Running Kontact and Akregator in a terminal had the same result as starting it via the launcher. Rater than copy the file and directory you highlighted I just renamed them to *.old and Akregator started up in a terminal and then in kontact with no issues. So the renamed file/dir has the problem , is it worth digging further to try and isolate the bug ?, I have no need for the feeds that are contained therein. Many Thanks Gerard

Hello zac3st18,

Rater than copy the file and directory you highlighted I just renamed them to *.old and Akregator started up in a terminal and then in kontact with no issues.
    Good to hear it works!

So the renamed file/dir has the problem , is it worth digging further to try and isolate the bug ?, I have no need for the feeds that are contained therein.
    I don't think it is worth it.
    But if you want to find the source of the problem I would recommend to check your feeds one for one.
    Maybe one of them isn't working anymore?

Good luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"