Thread: firefox 3.6 problems

Default firefox 3.6 problems

I face the following issues with firefox 3.6.3:

When I select preferences from the Edit menu, an empty box appears. Also when I click About Mozilla Firefox from the Help menu, nothing happens. From the error console I get these respective messages:

Error: no element found
    Source File: jar:file:///usr/lib/firefox/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/bindings/preferences-kde.xml
    Line: 1
    Error: no element found
    Source File: jar:file:///usr/lib/firefox/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/bindings/dialog-kde.xml
    Line: 1

As far as I can understand it has to do with the KDE, note that java works properly, tested at java.com. I use openSUSE 11.1

Thank you in advance
    Suse 11.1 Intel Core Duo P8600. RAM 4GB at 800MHz HD:320GB SATA.

Default Re: firefox 3.6 problems

Quote Originally Posted by aerodub View Post
    I face the following issues with firefox 3.6.3:

When I select preferences from the Edit menu, an empty box appears. Also when I click About Mozilla Firefox from the Help menu, nothing happens. From the error console I get these respective messages:

As far as I can understand it has to do with the KDE, note that java works properly, tested at java.com. I use openSUSE 11.1

Thank you in advance
    Appears to be missing plug-ins. Have you tried to do an update?
    When your up to your a** in Alligators it's pretty hard to remember you intended to drain the swamp (author unknown)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: firefox 3.6 problems

This problem might be related to Firefox add-on themes. Did you have a chrome theme installed by chance? I would replace my current theme in case your old one is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

I did not use any theme. The add-ons seem to work as java works and flash-player too. The problem is that if i want to install a new add-on, it remains forever in connecting state. I cannot change this behavior, since in preferences option nothing is displayed.

thank you for your time
    Suse 11.1 Intel Core Duo P8600. RAM 4GB at 800MHz HD:320GB SATA.

Have you tried if the problem persists if you use fresh Firefox configs, for instance by renaming the hidden folder ".mozilla" to something else?

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet? I'm suffering the same fate. I checked the .jar file mentioned and located the .xml files except they're all named without the '-kde' extension. So I have "dialog.xml" but not "dialog-kde.xml". There must be a way to configure firefox to use the correct .xmls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!