Thread: Packman numbering Opensuse 11.1

Question Packman numbering Opensuse 11.1

I have a question on version numbering in the packman repository for Opensuse. I have some packages installed that seem far more advanced in version numbering then the one in the repository. Did by chance the numbering scheme change over time?

I.e. I have K3b version 1.0.5-1.pm.19.37-x86_64 but the repository offers 1.0.5-1.pm.1.22-x86_64. Is the latter package higher in version number then mine? It is confusing to me to be honest. How can I have such high version numbers for Kaffeine, K3b and some others....?

I also wanted to know if the Opensuse Packman repositories for Kde3.5 are still maintained or if I have to manually check for updates on the packman site.
    Thanks.
    Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature ? Not able to control?
    Then please vote for
    https://features.opensuse.org/312047
    openSUSE should have an efficient web of trust.

Default Re: Packman numbering Opensuse 11.1

Look at the version tab it will tell you were you got the package. Maybe you got them from Packman.

Default Re: Packman numbering Opensuse 11.1

Yes I know. They are both from packman. But how is it possible that the one I have on my PC is from packman with a higher version number than any available online? This is what is puzzling me, not the provenience. I have several packman packages with this strange version issue.
    Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature ? Not able to control?
    Then please vote for
    https://features.opensuse.org/312047
    openSUSE should have an efficient web of trust.