Thread: Kmail Help

Default Kmail Help

I installed openSUSE on one of the spare computers in work to test it out before I install it on my own laptop. I tried connecting Kmail to MS exchange and did so successfully using POP 3 but never checked the box saying leave messages on the server and it removed the emails from the server. Now I have nothing in my Outlook Inbox on my XP machine.

Any suggestion as to how I can restore the emails from Kmail to the server.

Thanks

Before somebody suggests contacting the IT department. I am the IT department.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kmail Help

No idea really. Not sure it's even possible.
    I did it once but wasn't a great many, so I just forwarded them back to myself
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Export then import??

Blog Entries

Install Thunderbird and connect it to the Exchange server then drag-n-drop the emails from Kmail to Thunderbird (thus back onto the Exchange server)?
    "Linux provides freedom, problem is most users don't know what it is or how to use it." ~me
    Friends don't let Friends wear red shirts on away parties!
    Linux User #477531 | Danbury Area Computer Society (www.dacs.org)

Export then import??
    Can't find an export option to export an entire mail folder. I've 345 in total so I don't want to have to save each individual email and import.

Install Thunderbird and connect it to the Exchange server then drag-n-drop the emails from Kmail to Thunderbird (thus back onto the Exchange server)?
    I will try this tomorrow.

I aso found this solution which i will give a go. Export from kmail... [solved] - MandrivaUsers.org

Cheers.

Thumbs up Re: Kmail Help

This worked KMail Export. With a little alteration. Thanks

I copied my inbox folder from .kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur to a memory stick and copied it to my XP PC with outlook.

I then renamed all the files from my Kmail inbox to .eml files. They were in the form of 1269873234.4866.14R2s. I used command prompt for this. I navigated to the directory on the local PC where i stored the Kmail inbox and used the command rename *.* to *.eml which changed the above file and all files to 1269873363.4866 (1).eml.

I wasn't able to import these into Outlook 2003 because they kept opening Outlook express when i tried to. So i imported all files into Outlook Express successfully and imported into Outlook 2003 from there.

Problem sorted

Thanks for the help

keep it fetch in both :in outlockka nd in kmail and nothing will disapears.I get this problem a you and I solved in the mentioned way.you have options about that in both e-mail applications