Kmail Help

I installed openSUSE on one of the spare computers in work to test it out before I install it on my own laptop. I tried connecting Kmail to MS exchange and did so successfully using POP 3 but never checked the box saying leave messages on the server and it removed the emails from the server. Now I have nothing in my Outlook Inbox on my XP machine.

Any suggestion as to how I can restore the emails from Kmail to the server.

Thanks

Before somebody suggests contacting the IT department. I am the IT department.

Thanks

No idea really. Not sure it’s even possible.
I did it once but wasn’t a great many, so I just forwarded them back to myself:)

Export then import??

Install Thunderbird and connect it to the Exchange server then drag-n-drop the emails from Kmail to Thunderbird (thus back onto the Exchange server)?

Export then import??

Can’t find an export option to export an entire mail folder. I’ve 345 in total so I don’t want to have to save each individual email and import.

Install Thunderbird and connect it to the Exchange server then drag-n-drop the emails from Kmail to Thunderbird (thus back onto the Exchange server)?

I will try this tomorrow.

I aso found this solution which i will give a go. Export from kmail… [solved] - MandrivaUsers.org

Cheers.

This worked KMail Export. With a little alteration. Thanks

I copied my inbox folder from .kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur to a memory stick and copied it to my XP PC with outlook.

I then renamed all the files from my Kmail inbox to .eml files. They were in the form of 1269873234.4866.14R2s. I used command prompt for this. I navigated to the directory on the local PC where i stored the Kmail inbox and used the command rename . to *.eml which changed the above file and all files to 1269873363.4866 (1).eml.

I wasn’t able to import these into Outlook 2003 because they kept opening Outlook express when i tried to. So i imported all files into Outlook Express successfully and imported into Outlook 2003 from there.

Problem sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help

keep it fetch in both :in outlockka nd in kmail and nothing will disapears.I get this problem a you and I solved in the mentioned way.you have options about that in both e-mail applications