Firefox is sometimes slow opening new tabs/switching between tabs. If I click on the kickoff application launcher button, it takes a few seconds to open, and typing something in the search makes it hang up for about 20 seconds before it does the search. Clicking on an app takes 16 seconds before the menu window closes and the program begins to start. Then it takes another 30sec-1min before the app is usable. smplayer plays video with tearing.

Like right now I tried taking a screenshot, and it tells me
Error launching /usr/share/applications/kde4/ksnapshot.desktop. Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application.
while the app worked fine.

I also tried running glxgears right now, and it runs but the gears don't move, and terminal states
15 frames in 19.0 seconds = 0.789 FPS
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
after 48 requests (48 known processed) with 15 events remaining.
If I'm on dolphin, and I click a video to start smplayer, it takes about 1 minute for it to start.

Memory is using 1.4GB out of 3.6GB, with 0.08GB/2GB swap

Top shows an average usage of less than 10% average. Xorg is always 25%, kwin is always 10% and then rest of the apps are less than that.

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
Integrated VIdeo: HD4200 with fglrx driver

When I ssh into the computer with x tunneling, the programs start up faster than being on the desktop