Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Openoffice 3.2

Default Openoffice 3.2

I have openoffice Openoffice 3.1.1 Build 3.1.1.4 installed in my computer.

I entered the OpenOffice page and found out that there is a 3.2 version.

When I try to download, the download brings me a tar.gz file.

Any other possible way to upgrade ?

thanks

agunet74
    agunet74

Default Re: Openoffice 3.2

Why don't you add the OpenOffice.org stable repo:

Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2

I already have tha repository in my list with 9th priority.

I think that maybe the 3,2 is not a stable version yet. That's why isn't in the repositorie.

Thanks for your advice, anyway.

regards

agunet
    agunet74

Quote Originally Posted by agunet74 View Post
    I already have tha repository in my list with 9th priority.

I think that maybe the 3,2 is not a stable version yet. That's why isn't in the repositorie.
    Browsing the repo, 3.2 appears to be available. What are you using to upgrade (YaST/zypper)?

I always forfot I hae the zypper option.

Generrally, I came here and always update with zypper. But I not understand that command very well yet. (Although there were sometimes I used without any help)

To see te packages I have if I do

sudo zypper up pa

Then, I don't know which package of OpenOffice do I have to update.
    agunet74

If you already have the openoffice repo enabled, just open the YaST software manager and click on the repositories tab. If you don't have that tab, click on the view tab and select repositories from the drop down menu.

Then select the openoffice repo and click the blue text at the top of the packages list 'switch system packages'. It should show that all of the openoffice packages will be updated to the 3.2 version.

Quote Originally Posted by agunet74 View Post
    sudo zypper up pa
    Try specifying the repository:

zypper up -t package OpenOffice_org -r ooo-alias

where "ooo-alias" is the alias for the OpenOffice.org stable repo in your RPM database.

Then select the openoffice repo and click the blue text at the top of the packages list 'switch system packages'. It should show that all of the openoffice packages will be updated to the 3.2 version.
    I have no Blue text af the opt of package list or I don't see it. --------------------------------------------------------------
    Try specifying the repository:

zypper up -t package OpenOffice_org -r ooo-alias
    the answer was:

nothing to do

And I'm not sure i I really have an "ooo" version. like -r "3.2"
    How can I knwo that ?
    agunet74

Please post the results of

Code:
    zypper lr -d

Here you are:

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | Libdvdcss repository | Libdvdcss repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/11.2/ |
    2 | OppenOffice_Stable | OppenOffice Stable | Yes | Yes | 9 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2 |
    3 | additioal_for_wmv_etc | additioal for wmv etc | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/home:/RedDwarf/openSUSE_11.2 |
    4 | download.opensuse.org-Community | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:KDE4:Community | Yes | Yes | 5 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2 |
    5 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | 2 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.2 |
    6 | download.opensuse.org-webcam | openSUSE BuildService - Drivers for webcams | Yes | Yes | 3 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/drivers:/webcam/openSUSE_11.2 |
    7 | drivers:webcam | drivers:webcam | Yes | Yes | 4 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/drivers:/webcam/openSUSE_11.0 |
    8 | ftp.skynet.be-suse | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 1 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.2 |
    9 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 |
    10 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 |
    11 | Index of /suse/11.2 | Index of /suse/11.2 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.2 |
    12 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:/// |
    13 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.2-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    14 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 7 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
    15 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 8 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    16 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.2-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    17 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.2-Update | Yes | Yes | 6 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2 |
    agunet74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast