Thread: Suspend

Default Suspend

Im trying to get suspend to ram to work correctly and I have read the page on getting it to work but a answer was not clear as to how to get it to work..

When I go to root user it works fine..

when I am in my user account I go to terminal and use the s2ram -f it works fine but when I use the button or the timed power save option it does noting..

here are the results for a -i

This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor = "To Be Filled By O.E.M."
    sys_product = "To Be Filled By O.E.M."
    sys_version = "To Be Filled By O.E.M."
    bios_version = "P1.10"

so whats its issue? all I can assume is the program is not reading the hardware?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on getting that to work...

Default Re: Suspend

Basically your hardware in not in the whitelist yet so suspend from "button or the timed power save option" will not work by default (hence you need the -f option in s2ram).

However, at the meantime you can do this as root:

1)Create an empty text file named 'config' in /etc/pm/config.d/ and put the following line in it:

S2RAM_OPTS="-f"
    2)Now try to suspend from the menu button.

3)Email the s2ram maintainers to put your machine on the whitelist in the future. See here for instruction:
    Suspend to RAM - openSUSE
    openSUSE 11.3 GM + M$ Win Vista HP TX1316au AMD Athlon 64 X2 Mobile TK-55, nVidia GeForce Go 6150

openSUSE 11.3 GM + M$ Win 7 HP dm-3 AMD Neo X2 L335, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200

That text file did not make it work..

but thanks for your help

Still cant see why it works perfect in root but not as a user.

Quote Originally Posted by michael_cheah View Post
    However, at the meantime you can do this as root:

1)Create an empty text file named 'config' in /etc/pm/config.d/ and put the following line in it:
    is there any other way? the text file just does not work... does it need any other additions beside being created under root and that line added?

What is annoying me is s2ram works perfect in root login using the button and it works perfect as user if I go to terminal as a su and put in s2ram -f

there has got to be a way to make it work because it functions without any error when I do the above..

If you are using kde4.X it is in tthe systemsettings-advance-system policies.