Thread: Restricted media

Default Restricted media

Cannot install restricted multimedia codecs... I am using the info on this link Restricted Formats/11.2 - openSUSE-Community

Default Re: Restricted media

Be more specific. How far did you go? Which step did not succeed? Any error messages? Etc. In short everything that you think another one might need to understand what you did, are doing and experienced.

As an explanation I may add that our crystal balls are out of order.
    Henk van Velden

i tried to add also, in terminal:
    Code:
    zypper addrepo -f http://www.opensuse-guide.org/repo/11.2 libdvdcss
    gave an error message:
    System management is locked by the application with pid 5666 (/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base).

Quote Originally Posted by thalo View Post
    i tried to add also, in terminal:
    Code:
    zypper addrepo -f http://www.opensuse-guide.org/repo/11.2 libdvdcss
    gave an error message:
    System management is locked by the application with pid 5666 (/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base).
    That error means that another process is allready doing software management. It seams that you have YaST > Software > Software Management (or a related topic) running and nevertheless you try to use zypper at the same moment in time. Either use YaST, or use zypper at the sAme time (you can use them one after the other).

The same can happen when you have the update applet. When it starts looking for updates right after you log in in the desktop and you then, at the same time, start zypper or YaST Software Management they collide. Waiting for a few minutes solves that.
    Henk van Velden