Thread: How to keep updates on KDE 4.4

Default How to keep updates on KDE 4.4

Have upgraded to KDE 4.4 (from 4.3) and know I'm just wondering how to get system updates as now seems that the Updates Applet doesn't work with factory repos.
    HP pavilion dv6-6185la - Intel i7 - AMD Radeon 6770M - openSUSE 12.2 - KDE 4.9

Default Re: How to keep updates on KDE 4.4

The new versions are placed in the 4.4 repo and not in 11.2 updates. You will get your updates just fine as long as you keep the repos on.
    Free Fractal Wallpapers
    http://wilsonephillips.smugmug.com

Remember that by default the update applet only shows updates from the 'update'-repository.

Quote Originally Posted by gropiuskalle View Post
    Remember that by default the update applet only shows updates from the 'update'-repository.
    That's true. I have been getting them by doing "zypper dup" but is there a better way?
    Free Fractal Wallpapers
    http://wilsonephillips.smugmug.com

Um... there is some way of configuring this applet, but since I don't use it, I don't exactly remember. I suppose a forum search or some kind of documentation will tell you how to do that. However, I am quite sure the applet will not perform a 'zypper dup' but a 'zypper up / zypper up -t package' unless zypper itself is configured this way (there's an option for it in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf). While 'zypper dup' is my preferred way of updating (I am totally into bleeding edge) I still do not recommend it...

If you install the zypp backend, you can configure the updater applet to show available upgrades when available.
    I'm confused...No, wait...Maybe I'm not...