openoffice 3.2 fonts

I have just installed openSUSE 11.2 X86_64 on my laptop, I then used KDE to install lots of type 1 fonts for my printer. These get loaded to /usr/local/share/fonts/…

These installed fonts are visible to KDE (KWRITE) and GIMP so I assume that the installation was O.K. When I start openOFFICE writer I do not see these fonts. The font selection appears to be the fonts located under /usr/share/fonts. I have not tried other ooo3 components. I assume that they are not going to see the fonts either.

I have searched google and it appears that /usr/local/share/fonts is the correct location for non-packaged fonts. Has anybody any idea what is wrong? I think I could move all the fonts to /usr/share/fonts and ooo3 would work but this seems to break the installation directory structure. I have considered symlinks but I don’t like the idea of defining a font twice to Linux and creating the syslinks is more work than reinstalling the fonts if they are lost

Thanks

Both the fonts I have in /usr/local/share/fonts
are visible in OO3.2

Are your fonts ATM or TT?

Both are TT

I am not sure where the problem is but it is probably openoffice. I started spadmin and went to /usr/local/share/fonts and spadmin did not see any atm fonts ( there are no TT fonts installed ). The awful Dolphin displays the font files as font files and the font previewer actually displays black characters on a white background in stead of the very usefull white characters on a white background a la openSUSE 11.1

I think that there may be a bug in OpenOffice 3.2. I can install my PS fonts via kde and they are seen and can be used by all the applications I have tried except OpenOffice. OpenOffice can see some PS fonts e.g. URW Gothic Light. As far as I can tell OpenOffice will see a font if it has an afm metric file but not a pfm metric file

These fonts have been in use for 10 years and have worked with OpenOffice for many years.

Has anyone any idea how I report a bug. I went to the Novell site and the page I found did not seem to support reporting bugs in 3.2

Thanks

Hi, did you get any further with this problem? I’m having just the same trouble, with OpenOffice on another Linux distro and would appreciate it if you could tell me whether you’ve found a solution.

Here’s the answer to the issue:
[SOLVED] Phonetics Fonts in OpenOffice 3.2 - Ubuntu Forums](http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571469)
and for French users:
[Résolu] Police phonétique inopérante (Voir le sujet) • Forum OpenOffice.org](http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24358)
Basically, it looks like you need to move on to the 3.3 development version (or back to 2.4!) to get the fonts working again.