oS 11.2 KDE 4.4 rel 224...when to stop upgrades/repos?

I currently have the KDE_KDE4_Factory_Desktop and KDE_KDE4_Community repos enabled as I wanted to go to KDE 4.4. I realize that at some point I’m going to go the KDE 4.4.1 Beta…it’s working pretty good now, to stop the KDE upgrades, can I just ‘unenable’ both KDE repos? I don’t want any breakage as I work from this machine.

Here are my enabled repos:

KDE_KDE4_Community
KDE_KDE4_Factory_Desktop
Main Repository (NON-OSS)
Main Repository (OSS)
Main Repository (Sources)
Main Update Repository
Packman Repository
google-chrome

Any suggestions for repos or when to turn them off? I’m still trying to learn the oSuse way of doing things.

thanks

Good question. You know there is no requirement to keep updating kde. You could stop where you are and just install ‘security patches’.

As for being able to tell when!? You could ask in #opensuse-kde (IRC)
But I suspect when it changes you will see conflicts and if not that the packages may well be .svn versions
If you look, currently network manager is like that.
Expect that on most packages when it switches.

Thanks caf…okie…quick question though…roughly how long before openSuse 11.3 and how long usually between upgrades…when it’s done? I’m not used to the update cycles, but I guess there’s a roadmap around here somehwere…:stuck_out_tongue:

PS I’m pretty impressed with oS 11.2 AND KDE4 with RC/final upgrades et al…it’s been a stable experience.

Roadmap - openSUSE

SUSE Linux Lifetime - openSUSE

that’s what I needed. An 8 month rel cycle and 18 month support cycle seems reasonable to me. Better than a 6 month release cycle per, well, a’hem!..

gracias !