Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox Weird Problems

Default Re: Firefox Weird Problems

Renaming the .mozilla directory worked - is there any way to get my toolbar/links/stored passwords back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PattiMichelle View Post
    Renaming the .mozilla directory worked - is there any way to get my toolbar/links/stored passwords back?
    Yes. You can use Dolphin or Konqueror on Konsole for this, but go into the mozilla directory that you renamed and find firefox and go into that directory. Once in there, you will see a directory with a series of letters and numbers.default. Go into that. You'll see bookmarks, cache, and just tons of stuff. You can copy that into the new .mozilla directory. Just make sure its not just in the .mozilla directory. Make sure to put it in .mozilla/firefox/yabbadabbado.default/
    I'd also suggest copying one at a time, and then restarting Firefox. This way if Firefox breaks, you know what it is.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_R View Post
    Got it. Link this libnpjp2.so to browser-plugins. libnpjp2.so is found in /usr/java/jre1.6.0_18/lib/amd64
    I don't have this file on my system with java-1_6_0-openjdk installed. The java plugin is in /usr/lib64/browserplugins but Firefox doesn't recognize it.

If I install the sun-java version, it works fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pilotgi View Post
    I don't have this file on my system with java-1_6_0-openjdk installed. The java plugin is in /usr/lib64/browserplugins but Firefox doesn't recognize it.

If I install the sun-java version, it works fine.
    Right. You have to use sun-java.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Oops - I tried something else before seeing these instructions - I simply copied all the files in that multiletter.default directory under .mozilla/firefox (but not any subdirectories) into the new .mozilla/firefox/fooskdhjf.default directory with overwriting. It seems both my links and password stuff came back with no errors.

So, I guess, we know the problem wasn't a file in *that* subdir...

Update -

Still problems - now YouTube (and other videos) won't play on Firefox - I just see a blank area on the web page.

I have some problem too after upgrading to firefox 3.6 close to the op problem. It seems fairly working now after installing the mozilla kde4 integration. As soon as I installed the mozilla kd4 integration this morning, it promted me to delete an old kde4 integration with firefox I deleted it but can't remember the exact name of the package.

Thanks - I am using KDE3, is that what you're using? (I suspect you're using KDE4)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PattiMichelle View Post
    Update -

Still problems - now YouTube (and other videos) won't play on Firefox - I just see a blank area on the web page.
    Add flash and other plugins to Firefox. You can do this via YaST Software Manager.

As soon as I installed the mozilla kd4 integration this morning, it promted me to delete an old kde4 integration with firefox I deleted it but can't remember the exact name of the package.
    The packages providing /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmozillahelper is called 'mozilla-xulrunner191-kde4' for FF3.5.7 and 'mozilla-kde4-integration' for FF3.6.

Those packages are useless for someone using KDE3 though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast