Thread: taking the plunge into opensuse - several questions

Default taking the plunge into opensuse - several questions

Hey all

I've been thinking of going into opensuse for a long time and now with KDE 4.4 is finally out - I'm going to do it. The installation shouldn't be a problem but I wonder how I can upgrade to kde 4.4, since opensuse 11.2 will have 4.3 by default? I saw in the documentation to add these repos:
    # Core packages: Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2
    # Community: Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop
    # Playground: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...actory_Desktop

Now my question is, whats the diffrence between core, community and playground? And isnt there "stable" repos for the KDE 4.4 release? And are there a repo with amarok 2.3 Beta?

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: taking the plunge into opensuse - several questions

Quote Originally Posted by KhaaL View Post
    Hey all

I've been thinking of going into opensuse for a long time and now with KDE 4.4 is finally out - I'm going to do it. The installation shouldn't be a problem but I wonder how I can upgrade to kde 4.4, since opensuse 11.2 will have 4.3 by default? I saw in the documentation to add these repos:
    # Core packages: Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2
    # Community: Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop
    # Playground: Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Playground/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop

Now my question is, whats the diffrence between core, community and playground? And isnt there "stable" repos for the KDE 4.4 release? And are there a repo with amarok 2.3 Beta?

Thanks in advance!
    This thread was originally posted in the wrong subforum area. Hence I have moved it to applications in the hope that the user gets better support in the correct area.