Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

  1. #1

    Question Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    Hi,

    I bought the wireless PCI network card WMP600N from Linksys. I tried to connect with my router, but no success. The correct driver is installed(RT2800), the necessary package WPA_supplement is also installed.

    My providers settings are WPA-PSK with a shared key. Key encryption is TKIP. I can't choose TKIP in the Yast network menu. so i chose passphrase.

    the weird thing is that the wifimanager says WEP is on but it's not, at least not in my router and i did not setup WEP to. see picture 6.

    i had to use manual boot "ifup wlan0" because when i use boot at startup the whole systeem freezes.

    anyway, when i use ifup wlan0 as root in the konsole, the system also freezes.

    i hope i have explained it clearly, please take a look a the pictures.

    step1


    step2


    step3


    step4 After pressing enter the system freezes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,235

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    On 02/13/2010 04:26 PM, KrAaY wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought the wireless PCI network card WMP600N from Linksys. I tried to
    > connect with my router, but no success. The correct driver is
    > installed(RT2800), the necessary package WPA_supplement is also
    > installed.
    >
    > My providers settings are WPA-PSK with a shared key. Key encryption is
    > TKIP. I can't choose TKIP in the Yast network menu. so i chose
    > passphrase.
    >
    > the weird thing is that the wifimanager says WEP is on but it's not, at
    > least not in my router and i did not setup WEP to. see picture 6.
    >
    > i had to use manual boot "ifup wlan0" because when i use boot at
    > startup the whole systeem freezes.
    >
    > anyway, when i use ifup wlan0 as root in the konsole, the system also
    > freezes.


    Upgrade your kernel to 2.6.31.12. There is a bug in 2.6.31.8 that causes a
    kernel panic.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    Thank u, that did help.
    The system does not freeze anymore...but still i cant connect to the internet.

    it does gives me a ip adress now.

    wlan0 device: RaLink RT2800 802.11n PCI
    wlan0 warning: WPA configured but may be unsupported
    wlan0 warning: by this device
    wlan0 starting wpa_supplicant
    Starting DHCP4 client on wlan0. . . . . . . .
    wlan0 DHCP4 continues in background
    Still cant connect....as u can see the output gives a warning.
    Could u help me fix that please ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    SSID error ?



  5. #5

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    Iwconfig output,

    Earth:/ # iwconfig

    lo no wireless extensions.

    wlan0 RT2860 Wireless ESSID:"SpeedTouch67FBA2" Nickname:"RT2860STA"
    Mode:Managed Frequency=2.437 GHz Access Point: 00:1F:9F:C3:8B:5F
    Bit Rate=54 Mb/s
    RTS thr: off Fragment thr: off
    Encryption key: off
    Link Quality=100/100 Signal level:-53 dBm Noise level:-71 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    eth0 no wireless extensions.

    eth1 no wireless extensions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,235

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    On 02/14/2010 02:56 PM, KrAaY wrote:
    >
    > Iwconfig output,
    >
    >> Earth:/ # iwconfig
    >>
    >> lo no wireless extensions.
    >>
    >> wlan0 RT2860 Wireless ESSID:"SpeedTouch67FBA2"
    >> Nickname:"RT2860STA"
    >> Mode:Managed Frequency=2.437 GHz Access Point:
    >> 00:1F:9F:C3:8B:5F
    >> Bit Rate=54 Mb/s
    >> RTS thr: off Fragment thr: off
    >> Encryption key: off
    >> Link Quality=100/100 Signal level:-53 dBm Noise level:-71
    >> dBm
    >> Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    >> Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
    >>
    >> eth0 no wireless extensions.
    >>
    >> eth1 no wireless extensions.


    You have authenticated. Please post the output of the following:

    /sbin/route -n
    cat /etc/resolv.conf


  7. #7

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    Route -n output,


    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
    169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
    127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
    0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

    resolv.conf output,


    ### /etc/resolv.conf file autogenerated by netconfig!
    #
    # Before you change this file manually, consider to define the
    # static DNS configuration using the following variables in the
    # /etc/sysconfig/network/config file:
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_STATIC_SEARCHLIST
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_STATIC_SERVERS
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_FORWARDER
    # or disable DNS configuration updates via netconfig by setting:
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_POLICY=''
    #
    # See also the netconfig(8) manual page and other documentation.
    #
    # Note: Manual change of this file disables netconfig too, but
    # may get lost when this file contains comments or empty lines
    # only, the netconfig settings are same with settings in this
    # file and in case of a "netconfig update -f" call.
    #
    ### Please remove (at least) this line when you modify the file!
    search human lan
    nameserver 192.168.1.254

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,235

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    The data you posted are for your wired connection. Does it work?

    Ithought you wanted a wireless connection. If so, disconnect the wire and try to
    make a wireless connection, then repeat.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    Yes the wired connection does work.
    Yes i do want a wirelles connection, but i need the cabel plugged in when i want to post on the forum.


    This is the output when the cabel is plugged out,

    Earth:/ # ifup wlan0
    wlan0 device: RaLink RT2800 802.11n PCI
    wlan0 warning: WPA configured but may be unsupported
    wlan0 warning: by this device
    wlan0 starting wpa_supplicant
    Starting DHCP4 client on wlan0. . . . . . . .
    wlan0 DHCP4 continues in background

    Earth:/ # route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
    169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
    127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
    0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan0

    Earth:/ # cat /etc/resolv.conf
    ### /etc/resolv.conf file autogenerated by netconfig!
    #
    # Before you change this file manually, consider to define the
    # static DNS configuration using the following variables in the
    # /etc/sysconfig/network/config file:
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_STATIC_SEARCHLIST
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_STATIC_SERVERS
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_FORWARDER
    # or disable DNS configuration updates via netconfig by setting:
    # NETCONFIG_DNS_POLICY=''
    #
    # See also the netconfig(8) manual page and other documentation.
    #
    # Note: Manual change of this file disables netconfig too, but
    # may get lost when this file contains comments or empty lines
    # only, the netconfig settings are same with settings in this
    # file and in case of a "netconfig update -f" call.
    #
    ### Please remove (at least) this line when you modify the file!
    search human lan
    nameserver 192.168.1.254
    Earth:/ #

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,235

    Default Re: Linksys wireless WMP600N - Error suse 11.2

    On 02/15/2010 12:56 AM, KrAaY wrote:
    >
    > Yes the wired connection does work.
    > Yes i do want a wirelles connection, but i need the cabel plugged in
    > when i want to post on the forum.
    >
    >
    > This is the output when the cabel is plugged out,
    >
    >> Earth:/ # ifup wlan0
    >> wlan0 device: RaLink RT2800 802.11n PCI
    >> wlan0 warning: WPA configured but may be unsupported
    >> wlan0 warning: by this device
    >> wlan0 starting wpa_supplicant
    >> Starting DHCP4 client on wlan0. . . . . . . .
    >> wlan0 DHCP4 continues in background


    Your routing table looks fine, as does your resolv.conf. The only thing I notice
    is that your /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan0 specifies WPA, but your iwconfig
    output a few posts ago said that it was unencrypted. Which is it?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •