Thread: KDE repo overload

Question KDE repo overload

OK, I'm confused by the variety of KDE repos - I have 11.2 with KDE 4.3.4 (from KDE:/43) now, and would like 4.3.5 to fix the Dolphin crashes(and I'm not even thinking about 4.4/Factory yet). Looking in the STABLE:/Desktop, I see it has Amarok 2.1.1, which gave me problems that are fixed in 2.2.2.

1) So do I do 'zypper dup' to STABLE, then go back to KDE:43 to get Amarok, or is there a way to get the latest from either repo?

2) I noticed GNOME 2.28.2 appeared in Update - is there still a plan to do the same for KDE 4.3.x?

Current repos:
    1 | KDE4.3.x | KDE4.3.x | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/43/openSUSE_11.2 |
    2 | KDE_Stable_1 | KDE Stable | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 |
    3 | NVidia | NVidia | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.2 |
    4 | Non-OSS | Non-OSS | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
    5 | OSS | OSS | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    6 | download.opensuse.org-Community | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:KDE4:Community | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2 |
    7 | download.opensuse.org-games | openSUSE BuildService - Games | No | Yes | 100 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.2 |
    8 | download.videolan.org-SuSE | VideoLan Repository | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.2/ |
    9 | ftp.skynet.be-suse | Packman Repository | No | Yes | 90 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.2 |
    10 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | No | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:/// |
    11 | openSUSE:11.2:Update | openSUSE:11.2:Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2 |
    12 | openSUSE_11.2_KDE_43 | openSUSE_11.2_KDE_43 | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE_43 |

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE repo overload

Use kde4 stable desktop

use the switch on it
    ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

and use this carefully
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.2

You must be strict and keep your install clean. I would install amarok and lock it.

(FYI) at the time of posting imagebam seems to be down, just wait a bit for it
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Use kde4 stable desktop

use the switch on it
    ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

and use this carefully
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.2

You must be strict and keep your install clean. I would install amarok and lock it.

(FYI) at the time of posting imagebam seems to be down, just wait a bit for it
    OK, great, another cook(Backports) thrown into the broth...

BTW, anybody know the answer to my second question above???

KDE:43 will stay at 4.3.4
    Update to KDE 4.3.5 from stable, you should be able to use amarok 2.2.2 from another repo though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBaltz View Post

BTW, anybody know the answer to my second question above???

AFAIK, no.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

I don't quite get how the Backports-repository should help you btw... it's a KDE3-repo.