Thread: Zimbra auto startup during boot

Default Zimbra auto startup during boot

Good afternoon,
    does anyone knows how to make zimbra start during boot?

Thanks

Default Re: Zimbra auto startup during boot

Hi,

If you use GNOME, you can perform the following steps (to start any app on desktop startup):
    - Open Control Center
    - Find "Startup Application" in the System section
    - Use "Add" button to add the command to start on GNOME startup.

Or you can add any startup script to the /etc/rc.d/... directories. Please, see "man init" and "man init.d"

Good luck!

Thanks,

im using text mode version, yes i know this directory /etc/init.d - /etc/rc.d but what do you mean "you can add any startup script to the /etc/rc.d/... directories. Please, see "man init" and "man init.d""
    I need to put my own script to startup zimbra during boot?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taxiarxos View Post
    Thanks,

im using text mode version, yes i know this directory /etc/init.d - /etc/rc.d but what do you mean "you can add any startup script to the /etc/rc.d/... directories. Please, see "man init" and "man init.d""
    I need to put my own script to startup zimbra during boot?

thanks
    As I recall, Zimbra doesn't officially support Opensuse (that's why I used CentOS for my Zimbra server). It may be that a startup script is in /etc/init.d, but hasn't been activated. Look in your /etc/init.d directory for a script named "Zimbra." If it's there, try this:

Code:
    chkconfig --add zimbra

chkconfig --list | grep "zimbra"
    The latter should show that zimbra is "n" for runlevels 3 and 5.

Two other fine points: first, zimbra cages itself to a user named "zimbra" -- only that user can start, stop or modify its services. Second, make sure that no conflicting services (ex., postfix or dovecot) are running.

If you need additional help, you should probably post a request in the zimbra forums: Zimbra - Forums
    Last edited by smpoole7; 25-Jan-2010 at 05:52. Reason: add comment

Thank you very mutch for the replay, in Centos is it supported?

This problems will fixed??

Yes i know about this errors for layer 3-5 this is my problem, but i havent problem with confics.

Thanks again if i havent the solution about this with suse i ll setup my server on Centos

I think it will work under OpenSuse, and work fine. I used CentOS simply because it was a "supported" distro, and I didn't want someone reminding me that OpenSuse wasn't every time I posted in the Zimbra forums.

But that's your choice. I no longer use Zimbra, by the way -- we went back to Scalix -- because it's too blamed slow. It's pretty and has a lot of nice features, but the webmail interface drags like molasses.

And in case there is no script in /etc/int.d you can create one yourself. In that case you should start from /etc/init.d/skeleton. Pay attention to the comments and understand that the comment lines between
    Code:
    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
    ### END INIT INFO
    are important to be filled in in a proper way. Then YaST > System > System Services (Runlevel) will handle this properly.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Then YaST > System > System Services (Runlevel) will handle this properly.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I keep saying here that we ought to give the GUI (or NCurses) YAST version of things, and there I go giving command-line stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by smpoole7 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I keep saying here that we ought to give the GUI (or NCurses) YAST version of things, and there I go giving command-line stuff!!
    That's OK. Though I support the idea that we must try to teach (especialy new) people how YaST works first and the CLI later or when there is no YaST equivalent.
    Henk van Velden