Thread: Need a Linux-compat PDA & a KDE4 app to go with it

Default Need a Linux-compat PDA & a KDE4 app to go with it

The applications forum may not be the best place to ask this question, but here goes...

I'm a network admin for a small company. I directly / regularly oversee networks in two small offices, and I am involved in the management & maintenance of 3 other similarly sized offices.

Anyhow, I also do a lot more than IT work (I wear many hats, as the saying goes, in any given week), which really complicates my time and task management. I have a hard time keeping track of everything.

Anyhow, I'm considering the purchase of a PDA of some kind. I know some prefer smart phones over PDAs, but I don't have a company cell, and only have a bare-bones personal cell phone plan. My provider would require that I step up to a more expensive, long-term plan (one I can't afford) to select a smart phone anyway.

Anyway, long story short, I want to make sure that any PDA I may choose to buy will sync with my openSUSE PC. I don't really care what OS the actual PDA runs, so long as it has good calendaring, and decent priority based task/todo management.

I strongly prefer KDE4 over GNOME, so the device would need at least decent synchronization with a mature, well-supported KDE4 app of some kind.

So I suppose ultimately my question is if anyone has any product recommendations, as well as recommendations for KDE4 apps that'll do the job?

palladium NNTP User

Default Re: Need a Linux-compat PDA & a KDE4 app to go with it

jasonsbailey wrote:
    > I strongly prefer KDE4 over GNOME, so the device would need at least
    > decent synchronization with a mature, well-supported KDE4 app of some
    > kind.

i don't believe there is such a thing as a "mature, well-supported
    KDE4 app"....there _may_ be such in the world of KDE3, but that is
    history..

ymmv, and others probably have a different opinion/experience..

in the mean time, here are 475 (at the time of this typing) google
    hits on the search string:

PDA "KDE4"

inside the openSUSE world:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aopensuse.org+PDA+"KDE4"

--
    palladium