Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp Sensors Not Found

Default Temp Sensors Not Found

Hello just downloaded gkrellm and I go to set the temperature sensors and I get "No Sensors Detected" now I've never dealt with something of this nature before so can anyone tell me where I might begin with this one? Thanks

Default Re: Temp Sensors Not Found

Open a terminal, and as su, enter

sensors-detect

to detect the sensors and load the modules. Quit gkrellm and restart, and the available sensors should be in builtins.

Thanks ran the program and it detected that I have an AMD K10 thermal sensor now I go to Im-sensors.org and it seems to be supported by a standalone driver...now here's the question upon clicking on the link for that driver I am able to download the source code and view and even download the makefile as an html file...how would I go about changing this so my system recognizes it as a makefile? Thanks

Just run "sensors." This should show the current readings. If successful, go ahead and add these to gkrellm.

sorry should of mentioned it in the last post but I did that and there were no sensors detected so I have have to manually install it the driver status is "to-be-written"

A makefile is plaintext. You should be able to save it as that. If nothing else, copy and paste it to a text editor such as gedit or kwrite.

I've recently been down this road myself. I built and installed the k10temp driver module, but it didn't work for me. Apparently that's not an uncommon problem for that driver, but it turns out I didn't need it anyway - the asus_atk0110 driver does the job. I installed it with modprobe, ran 'sensors' to confirm it was working (no need to run sensors-detect), then started gkrellm and activated the sensor readings. Of course, if you don't happen to have an Asus mobo, you can ignore this advice!

No I have an Compaq laptop (not sure what an asus "mobo" is) though I would be interested in how to install through modprobe.

Quote Originally Posted by threatingbehaviour View Post
    No I have an Compaq laptop (not sure what an asus "mobo" is) though I would be interested in how to install through modprobe.
    Sorry - "mobo" is geektalk for motherboard. Asus is the manufacturer's name.

Let's go back to assuming that the k10temp driver may work for you. This link: k10temp or how to get the temperature from your amd phenom processor | Linux tips collection should help you with getting it installed. Just create the Makefile with a text editor.

Thanks! What a helpful link...though it would be nice to get the temperatures for both cores as I have a duo-core processor..is there a way? If there isn't an option one is good enough. Also I've seen it in alot in command lines, whats the & symbol do/mean? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast