Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to run IBUS input method on openSUSE 11.2?

Default Re: How to run IBUS input method on openSUSE 11.2?

Nope, I just tried and it doesn't work for me but I have no experience typing anything other than Japanese and English.

Thanks for the info!

I have also some problems to get ibus running.

I've installed ibus from jengels repository but the systemtray icon was missing.
    After installing python-notify I got finally the icon and by pressing CTRL + SPACE the icon changes to the "Anthy crown" but I still type the latin alphabet without changing to hiragana like I was used to in skim...

Any ideas?

Philo007,

Your ibus installation sounds fine since you got the system tray icon and Anthy running.

I wonder whether you got the necessary Japanese fonts etc. installed. A good idea might be to open Yast2, then go to System > Language, and activate "Japanese" under Secondary Languages.

Also, if you activate Anthy, does the Japanese input bar show up somewhere on the desktop? Perhaps the input mode there is still on "Latin"; make sure it is switched to "Hiragana" (click on the "capital letter A" in the language bar; if set correctly, it should show a hiragana "a").

Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by homoludens1000 View Post
    Philo007,

Your ibus installation sounds fine since you got the system tray icon and Anthy running.

I wonder whether you got the necessary Japanese fonts etc. installed. A good idea might be to open Yast2, then go to System > Language, and activate "Japanese" under Secondary Languages.
    Done, but no improvements.

Also, if you activate Anthy, does the Japanese input bar show up somewhere on the desktop? Perhaps the input mode there is still on "Latin"; make sure it is switched to "Hiragana" (click on the "capital letter A" in the language bar; if set correctly, it should show a hiragana "a").
    There is no "Japanese input bar" on the desktop. I am not really sure what do you mean..

If I switch to "(hiragana a) - anthy" I can type some japanese letters, but hajimemashite looks like "っhajiっめえっmasっhitええ"

I thought if I am using Anthy (crown) I would write in hiragana and by pressing space there would pop up this kanji-menu like in skim...but only latin letters are displayed...

Finally I've got this "japanese input bar" on my second Pc. I still have to check why I do not get this on the other computer...

I've also started ibus in verbose mode again & installed the missing libmimx-anthy.so.
    But I'm still not able to enter hiragana

I get a lot of outputs like this:

Code:
    (ibus-daemon:6704): IBUS-WARNING **: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.TypeError: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 702, in _message_cb                           
        retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)                                                        
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ibus/engine.py", line 154, in ProcessKeyEvent                        
        return self.__engine.process_key_event(keyval, keycode, state)                                            
    TypeError: process_key_event() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

Edit:
    The missing panel output:

Code:
    /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py:242: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
      super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
    /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py:242: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
      super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
    (ibus-daemon:8996): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.7 to :1.10, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [panel->position]

Quote Originally Posted by homoludens1000 View Post
    The IBUS website also mentions the repository Index of /repositories/home:/swyear for openSUSE, but as far as I can see, the IBUS files don't exist there anymore.
    Yes I couldn't find them a few days ago but they are there

Index of /repositories/home:/swyear:/ibus/openSUSE_11.2

I'll try that repository when I am back home...

Works now like a charm!!
    Changed the repository and replaced ibus-anthy with the newer one.

On one computer I still don't have the panel but I think I don't need it.

Is there a way to contact the maintainer Johannes Engel of the other repository and to tell him to update ibus-anthy?

Philo007,

thanks for the updates and additional info on ibus.

For having ibus updated, it's probably best to file a bug report:
    Submitting Bug Reports - openSUSE

Cheers,

homoludens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast