Thread: What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

Question What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

Just wondering case I downloaded the chrome os and I can't become root. So It's very frustrating.
    Looks like this thing was built on Suses Kernel.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

There are no local passwords. This is an OS to connect to the cloud, remember? You can use any gmail login and password.

Question Re: What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

I don't get it how?

When are there so many yast network settings I can't have permission to use? My version logs me in directly to the desktop. I have no idea what to do next I kow i can open the web browser. But I can do that on any os

Blog Entries

It's perfectly possible to build a Linux install that doesn't have any way of authenticating to root, to be a black box. But it sounds like you are running a different flavour of Chrome OS than the one I played with in a VirtualBox, so you should ask the developers what you can do. IIRC the one I played with was based on Ubuntu.

Question Re: What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

who are the developers? i have no pdea how to figure that out it came from a torrent and it's based on Suse'

I think the tarball said i686.04.237

How would I contact them?

Blog Entries

Try to trace who authored the image. You would know better than I where it came from. As I said, I think mine was built on Ubuntu and is different from yours.

Thumbs down Re: What is the root users password in Google Chrome OS?

I don't know anything I can't even remember the torrent I go t it from. Anyone who knows how to figure this out feel free to Chime in?

If you have not gotten this to root privileges to work yet try root as a password (all lower case) I had the same problem trying to run the yast live installer